Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-13-2000, 12:23 AM   #1
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Your continuing battle-with-the-bottle is an epic in and of itself, my bwashsuckling friend. Not won yet, I fear. To the point, thus far I've found with one character alone you can go up / down stairs on their own, but to enter or leave areas (houses etc) you need the whole party. Successful strategies could include:

a) Gather lawful good NPC's into the party one by one. Send them up to do as much damage as they can before dying. When dead, remove them from your party and repeat with next lawful good char you can find until you're ready to bring your whole party up and wreak merry havok.

b) Trigger the mage's aggression and their defencive spells, run away like an ice-weasel and wait for the defensive spells / triggers to wear off. Run up hasted and give them a thoroughly sound beating.

c) If you're where I think you are, you can trap them in a room by using the old cloud spell on the edge of the fog'o'war. I used this to much effect last night with some particularly persistent golems who refused to die otherwise.

d) To the best of my knowledge, nobody really appreciates my Spell sequencer with 3x Invoker fireball.

e) If all else fails, protection from evil 10'radius on your party + Summon Fiend is quite amusing.

I don't know why you're intent upon being the harbringer of doom upon these poor magelings anyway, they make a fine cup of halfling tea.
Old 10-13-2000, 11:46 AM   #2
Tipsy McSwagger

Greetings my merry adventuring kin. I have provided for you an opportunity to help me and my party out of what could be a most painful scrape. Being marked as a friend and ally of the venerable Tipsy McSwagger will no doubt make your life an easy one from this point out.

I seem to have found myself in the Locked Compound of the Temple District. Going upstairs causes all manner of evil mage to cast their foul magiks on my party. I have some strategies planned for this unfortuate situation but needed some clarification.

In BG1 I seem to remember being able to send Dynaheir upstairs without the rest of the party to handle a situation just like this. Are you still able to do this in BG2 or does the whole gang have to accompany me?

Also, let's say that I have one of the lasses cast Improved Invisibility on me and I am able to go upstairs all by my lonesome. Will I be able to disarm traps and set snares unmolested or will these blokes see me and attempt to do harm to my person? Does mass invisibility work in the same way as improved invisibility in the event that the whole party must venture upstairs (they can stand around unseen whilst I disarm traps and set snares)? Being able to disarm the many magical traps as well as plant some surprises for my spellslinging friends may make the battle that much easier. Of course no battle is difficult for such a fine adventurer as myself but that, as they say, is a story for another time.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-13-2000, 01:10 PM   #3
Tipsy McSwagger

My battle with the bottle is neither a battle nor an epic. It's more like a love affair that the poets would write about. Much like what you have with your ego M'all.

Glad to know that I can venture upstairs alone. I shall organize some strategies around this useful tactic, many of which may require me to stay downstairs and keep an eye on the front door lest the foul mages call in some of their reinforcements. Minsc seems to do fine by himself anyway.

The cloudkill on the fog of war won't work in this room as I am spied the moment I make it up the stairs. My intentions are nothing but noble so I have no idea as to why they would wish to attack me. Those chests were unlocked and that +2 morningstar was clearly lying in the garbage to be taken out with tomorrow's refuse.

I appreciate your +3 spell fireball of sequential invocation as it comes in quite handy for pig roasting and the like. Perhaps you mages are good for something after all.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-13-2000, 01:18 PM   #4
Tipsy McSwagger

My battle with the bottle is neither a battle nor an epic. It's more like a love affair that the poets would write about. Much like what you have with your ego M'all.

Glad to know that I can venture upstairs alone. I shall organize some strategies around this useful tactic, many of which may require me to stay downstairs and keep an eye on the front door lest the foul mages call in some of their reinforcements. Minsc seems to do fine by himself anyway.

The cloudkill on the fog of war won't work in this room as I am spied the moment I make it up the stairs. My intentions are nothing but noble so I have no idea as to why they would wish to attack me. Those chests were unlocked and that +2 morningstar was clearly lying in the garbage to be taken out with tomorrow's refuse.

I appreciate your +3 spell fireball of sequential invocation as it comes in quite handy for pig roasting and the like. Perhaps you mages are good for something after all.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-13-2000, 01:51 PM   #5
Tipsy McSwagger

D'oh! Cursed double posting!

-Tipsy

Old 10-13-2000, 08:37 PM   #6
password

Gee
Spell sequencer with 3x fireball
that sounds familiar

OH YEAH,i only mentioned that 444499999999 million times.

Old 10-13-2000, 09:44 PM   #7
Tipsy McSwagger

As it turns out, I was unable to leave my party downstairs and travel up alone. I managed to deal with the foul mages in a most unusual manner. Jaheira, Anomen and Aerie summoned mountain bears, a fire elemental and other assorted beasties. The strangest thing was that these creatures did not accompany us upstairs. Upon reaching the top of the stairs the enemy attacked and we promptly ran back downstairs. Cowardly? Perhaps but half of the enemy forces followed us down to find themselves face to face with some very angry summoned creatures. Once they were dispatched we went back upstairs to lure the rest of the craven enemy downstairs into our makeshift lair of destruction.

Huzzah!

-Tipsy

Old 10-14-2000, 09:07 AM   #8
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Come on password, I'm an invoker, what else am I gonna put in that sequencer? Web? *snicker*