Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-09-2004, 09:08 PM   #1
Wombstar
Dungeon Master

Hello.
I'm indeed new to theses fourms.. got board one night as as i have been playing the game i thought id join in.

Couple of points and questions about the bank jobs giving to you but Rattus ans myles..

Now i made the mistake of doing the bank job for Rattues before giving the bank the diamond, i ended up selling it.. but what is the prize for returning it to the bank?

I also read that Rattues is indeed dead? so how can you 'complete' the quest? it's still in my book as being uncompleted (it's still highlited)
I was reading you need to speak with Don(?) about him... do you get some kind of prize after finding out Rattus is dead? Trouble is i've killed Don (because i didn't want to pay him all that cash) lol.. so i guess the quest goes ans unfinshed? There also doesn't seem alot of point to that quest.. after killing off eveyone in the bank the vaults just take you back to the prison which you have already been to and completed.

And a smal note about the blue feather.. i gave to the.. (?) in the trees who made me a potion to buy.. what is the potion caled? looking at his list it trade items i couldn't see what the feather has become?

Anyway hope to contine chatting with you.
Wombstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I forget how much exactly the bank gave as a reward but do remember it was alot less than you could sell the diamond for. Rattus never shows up again in the game, I don't know that he dies so much as was left out for whatever reason. So you didn't miss anything there. And the feather turns into the earthshaker bomb I think.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:16 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Rattus is one of many unfinished things in the game. He's supposed to be in the Rat area of Trynton, but they never got around to that. So robbing the bank is pointless unless you want to kill guards for exp.

As for the diamond quest, the bank gives you a small amount of experience and a trivial bonus in cash. You do better by selling it to Anna, much better.

Killing the Don is not a problem in the game. Most people do it to get the Cane for a fairy ninja. The important thing is to get the AD.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #4
petertmorgan
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Wombstar:

And a smal note about the blue feather.. i gave to the.. (?) in the trees who made me a potion to buy.. what is the potion caled? looking at his list it trade items i couldn't see what the feather has become?

Anyway hope to contine chatting with you.
The first time I played after I gave the blue feather I never saw the potion in inventory. I didn't know why at the time, but later heard that if the vendor's inventory is full, the special item might not show up. You need to buy something to open a spot, and then the special item should appear (I guess if you leave and come back - I don't know if you would have to wait longer than that).
petertmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #5
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

My problem in the first game was just that i searched his inventory for some kind of special potion - but the earthshake bomb looks like a powder.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 PM   #6
rbeane1
The Magister

The bank gives you a thousand in cash and a thousand
in experience each. What I will do is sell it early in the game for the cash and later when money is not a problem i buy it back and give it to the bank.

Its the earthshaker bomb. it is
a power 6 earthquake spell in a can ;}
rbeane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #7
Wombstar
Dungeon Master

cheers..
i can't give it back... i killed them all off due to the rattus job lol.

I'll have to check that guys potions next time, maybe buy something them. it's a pitty he doesn't tell you the name of it..

Can you give him anything else? i've gave a few items to the blacksmith in the village who made me some armer, a staff and a rarther poor axe.. doesn't seem to do anything with the bats wings.

I don't remember getting a staff from don? just the main item and a bag with some very pointless objects.. i'll have to check.. i can't use it anyway.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #8
Wombstar
Dungeon Master

oh.. hang on i just forgot..

you say sell it it Anna? is she the one in the bate shop? i sold to to the woman in the bar lol

Is the nugget found in the mines anything? i don't really want to know.. unless it's used to created another object.. like giving it to the Blacksmith in the village.. if it part of the main game then best you don't tell me.

Hears a thought.. i came very close to killing crook 1st time i saw him (i wanted to see what was in his house) i in fact died..but if i had done.. would it have any effect? this was before i had found to stone idole.. i'm guessing i wouldn't have lost a team member and had to do his silly quest in killing the frog?
Old 03-11-2004, 01:28 AM   #9
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

You prolly got more money selling the Diamond to He-Li than you would from Anna, anyway.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:46 AM   #10
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Crock sells many goodies, so if you kill him, you lose a good shop.

If you kill him before you take the stone idol, no party member is kidnapped. But without frog quest you don't get the EXP. That's all.

The nugget is necessary for a custom piece.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote