Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 10:39 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Yellow is actually my favourite colour - ANY yellow! But I can't wear it 'cos I have sallow skin. So.... I have a yellow kitchen/dining room instead! It is very bright and cheerful and I like it - but because I have pale grey carpeting and doors, and light-wood furnishings the yellow is not overpowering.
You'd like my lounge, though, I think. Pale mossy greens and blond wood furnishings with very pale pinkish/greenish/natural upholstery. And nice piccies on the walls, and bookcases crammed with books.... my favourite room!

The same with my wife!
She loves yellow(our bedroom is yellow, but it looks bad on her, for her complexion)

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-09-2001, 10:45 PM   #12
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Yellow is actually my favourite colour - ANY yellow! But I can't wear it 'cos I have sallow skin. So.... I have a yellow kitchen/dining room instead! It is very bright and cheerful and I like it - but because I have pale grey carpeting and doors, and light-wood furnishings the yellow is not overpowering.
You'd like my lounge, though, I think. Pale mossy greens and blond wood furnishings with very pale pinkish/greenish/natural upholstery. And nice piccies on the walls, and bookcases crammed with books.... my favourite room!

I love yellow too, but like you, I can't wear it...it makes me look like the living dead heh heh heh!
Your lounge sounds like a dream!
Our kitchen is blonde wood cabinets, pale yellow counter tops and old black & white paneled walls that never got re-done when the counters and cabinets were installed (I wasn't here LOL) so I am not sure exactly yet what I want to do with it when given the leeway to go that far. The dining room is all dark wood everything, everywhere except for the reddish-brown satillo tile that goes throughout the house...it is one of the most depressing rooms here, but oddly enough, not when we are all seated around the table. Dinner-time is always fun when Grandpa joins us...otherwise, we all sit in our TV rooms and eat while we watch movies or the news.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-10-2001, 02:35 AM   #13
Rikard

I'm wearing grey does that count????
i could remember when i bought it it was white
hmm..
j/k

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-10-2001, 06:11 AM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

I love yellow too, but like you, I can't wear it...it makes me look like the living dead heh heh heh!
Your lounge sounds like a dream!
Our kitchen is blonde wood cabinets, pale yellow counter tops and old black & white paneled walls that never got re-done when the counters and cabinets were installed (I wasn't here LOL) so I am not sure exactly yet what I want to do with it when given the leeway to go that far. The dining room is all dark wood everything, everywhere except for the reddish-brown satillo tile that goes throughout the house...it is one of the most depressing rooms here, but oddly enough, not when we are all seated around the table. Dinner-time is always fun when Grandpa joins us...otherwise, we all sit in our TV rooms and eat while we watch movies or the news.
Yes, when all is said and done, it is people that make or break anything. A hovel with a mud floor can be a delightful place if you have a loving family there. And a palace can be a nightmare if you don't.
Gosh - am I getting all profound, or just spouting cliche's?

------------------

Old 09-10-2001, 03:38 PM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

WIB´s Rule the galaxy! Hehee, every time that wolf wants to feel a bit cooool, it´s the black is beatiful suit on.. hehehe.. OKI, kidding.. I don´t own a black suit, only a mob like one with lines in ti, don´t know waht you call it

Well, colors do mean alot in dofferent cultures/religions. Blue in Japan symbolizes death whereas here up in the north we use it for freedom, or more popular insanity after the psychology studies that showned that a man that spent a day in a totally blue room went mad, well a different story

Believe in it? Nah,but I use it daily subconsciously when I do designs. Have to have the right colors for a company..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-10-2001, 03:40 PM   #16
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I am wearing black, black is my preferred color, I only have two other colors for my clothes, gray and white, the exception is my shoes which are brown, but except for that, mainly black, with a few gray and white things.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-10-2001, 03:47 PM   #17
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I'm more of the colors reflecting moods type.

I tend to like "royal" colors: amethyst, emerald, ruby, sapphire and gold.

I always feel good when I wear them. I also like black - I look very good in black. It makes me very confident for some reason.

Also interesting: all of my pets are black or black-and-white. What does THAT mean?

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)