Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2003, 04:02 PM   #1
perk31
Manshoon

************* SPOILERS ***************

I just received the quest to kill the thieves guild leaders. I understand that this is needed to become the guild master; however, I spoke to the steward in Ald'Ruhn and it sounded like I might be able to get around it.

Does anyone know if you can avoid this and still become guild leader? I was hoping to become the master of both guilds.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2003, 05:13 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

SPOILER
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;

1. Okay do ALL thieves guild quest but stop when master thief ask you to kill fighter guild master

2. get fighter quest : kill 3 theif guild bosses and do it. you may also get the next quest. but DO NOT get the quest kill master thief.

3. go get quest " kill fighter guild master " from master thief and do it. next kill the orc next to the master fighter. next return to master thief and do the rest of his quest.

4. after you become master thief. go to ald ruhn and talk to fighter guild boss there to be officially named as Fighter guild master.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:33 PM   #3
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

Spoiler*

You don`t have to do all that Kakero says. I don`t remember exactly how it works.. but by talking to the guy in Ald Ruhn you`ll be tasked to kill the Orc in Vivec instead (along with some other stewardesses), and then finally the master of the guild.. no theives injured in the process. Just do it and you`ll become the master yourself, but beware that your journal will be forever messed up because Bethesda still hasn`t taken it upon themselves to fix the numerous errors in it.. Argh!
Rolandthemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:50 PM   #4
perk31
Manshoon

Thanks for the replies but I have two more questions.

If I do the quests for the Ald'Ruhn fighter guild I will eventually have to kill the orc and guild master in Vivec?

If I kill the orc and guild master, will it mess up the last theives guild quests?
Old 03-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

1. yes.

2. my teory? I don't know. just get the thief guild quest together with the ald ruhn one so that you can do it together. save first though.

note : did you notice that your fighter guild rank is Guardian when you do the quest from ald ruhn fighter guild boss? you still need another 2 more rank before Master. and only The Master fighter guild can promote your Guardian to Champion.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:03 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I've tested this.

go ahead and do what the ald ruhn fighter boss tell you. you'll notice he'll immediately promote you to Master of Fighter guild.

after this you can go ahead and do what master thief tell you to do without any side effect.

I found this method is more likeable than my original method because you don't need to kill good guys. Thanks Roland for pointing that out.

[ 03-25-2003, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 03-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #7
perk31
Manshoon

Thanks a lot.