Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2002, 05:16 PM   #1
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wondering if there are any cheats for this game?
Old 09-22-2002, 08:55 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

There is, but it has not ever worked for me...plus your character that you cheat-up will be flagged against use in a multi-game. My recommendation is to create a small module (one room) and fill it with as much cheat stuff that you want...and edit the items any way you want...and then they are considered "legal"...and are so easy and fun to create. I have a little module full of traps, monsters, and women...and alot of treasure stored around. None of the creatures are hostile...they are there for fun. I call it my Cheat-zone,,,and I can always update it with new stuff anytime I want to.

Take you PC into the room, grab the stuff...export that PC's info, the go to your other real game and play.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Yes, you can cheat, and it's easy too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Go to the NWN-directory, and locate the file called 'nwnplayer'. Open it in Notepad, and under 'Game Options', write in exactly this:
Debug=1
Now, while playing, press ~ to open the cheat console (in the upper left corner). If you have on pause-mode, you can press TAB to open a list over all codes.
When the cheat console is up, press Backspace, to get rid of the /. Then write in exactly this:
DebugMode 1
And then you can choose freely from the list what you want to cheat, all from changing stats to give yourself lots of money.
When you're done cheating, write in this:
DebugMode

Congratulations, you have just cheated in NWN for the very first time.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks guys!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:50 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Thanks guys!!!
No problem, m'Lord. *Bows* Glad to be of assistance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 12:49 PM   #6
perk31
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Yes, you can cheat, and it's easy too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Go to the NWN-directory, and locate the file called 'nwnplayer'. Open it in Notepad, and under 'Game Options', write in exactly this:
Debug=1
Now, while playing, press ~ to open the cheat console (in the upper left corner). If you have on pause-mode, you can press TAB to open a list over all codes.
When the cheat console is up, press Backspace, to get rid of the /. Then write in exactly this:
DebugMode 1
And then you can choose freely from the list what you want to cheat, all from changing stats to give yourself lots of money.
When you're done cheating, write in this:
DebugMode

Congratulations, you have just cheated in NWN for the very first time.
You can actually skip editing the ini file and just type DebugMode 1 after hitting `. Hit ` a second time and enter the cheat code.

A note on cheating. I tried most of them out and I had problems playing the game with DebugMode set to 1.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:53 PM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by perk31:
[A note on cheating. I tried most of them out and I had problems playing the game with DebugMode set to 1.
That's probably because you forgot to turn it off again. To do this, simply write 'DebugMode' or 'DebugMode 0' when you're finished cheating.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:49 PM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Sounds wrong, debug modes are usually implemented for beta testing, not for playing... Just because soemthing is possible doesn't mean you should do it, it takes the fun out of the game.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:56 PM   #9
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Do all the cheats make your char illegal?
im confused about how they know all this stuff!
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 04:00 PM   #10
perk31
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
quote:
Originally posted by perk31:
[A note on cheating. I tried most of them out and I had problems playing the game with DebugMode set to 1.
That's probably because you forgot to turn it off again. To do this, simply write 'DebugMode' or 'DebugMode 0' when you're finished cheating. [/QUOTE]Thats right. I ran around trying out different things while debug mode was turned on.

Regarding cheats making your character illegal:

Not all of them will, but something that puts your character out of balance, such as increasing your strength a few points, will trigger the flag and keep you out of multiplayer games that enforce legal characters. Also, it will keep you from taking your character into the next chapter unless you change nwnplayer.ini.