Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-22-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I have finally finished writing all the "thank you" cards from my graduation party, and gifts. I feel so free, now! My mom had been hounding me to finish those since graduation, which was late May. Anybody else like me, and procrastinate on the "thank yous?"
Old 06-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Not me. I'm a card person, I enjoy picking out cards, and filling them out, addressing them, sending them, etc. You should see me at Christmas LOL.

EDIT: *smacks head* Oh and congrats on your graduation! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-22-2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-22-2004, 07:54 PM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

What did you graduate from? I mean, here in the UK only finishing uni is called graduation, but with you crazy Yanks, who knows? Also, in what subject and with what grade? Just curious [img]smile.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Dron graduated from "Middle-of-nowhere County High School"

Oh, and many "yank" schools have graduations whenever the student changes buildings...kindergarten, sometimes elementary school, sometimes middle school, but always high school.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Yeah I thought as much. You Yanks go overboard on everything [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's like the professor thing. You call all teachers professors even if academically, they're nowhere near the rank of professor.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:39 PM   #6
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Nah, I never call my teachers, "professor." Usually, it's some shorter form of their name: Holder is "Hold," Cooper is "Cooper," no "Mr.," and ect. Anyways, our "middle of nowhere" school only has a graduation from high school. As far as subject, I had several subjects. I finished with a GPA somewhere above a 3.6, at least. Not too bad, coulda been better if I had put a good effort into a few more classes.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:45 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I was only asking as I've just graduated myself. From university or "college" as you guys call it. But guess it's not the same then, as you still have uni ahead of you, if you're going.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:11 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Not me. I'm a card person, I enjoy picking out cards, and filling them out, addressing them, sending them, etc. You should see me at Christmas LOL.

EDIT: *smacks head* Oh and congrats on your graduation! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Congtrats Dron_Cah!!! You graduated as in you finished school right? LOL That's great! Great GPA even if you think you could have done better

Yeah! I could not believe you sent me a card once LadyZ That was during Xmas... problem was I couldn't send one back... GRRRRR!

[ 06-23-2004, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Bahamut ]
Old 06-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #9
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Lol, LZ! That kinda worries me... (Must remember to hide the address!) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: And I do plan to go to college this fall, Uncle Vasky! Just had my orientation for freshmen year a couple of days ago. I cant wait to get out of here!!

[ 06-23-2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Old 06-23-2004, 04:42 PM   #10
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Good on your mum for making you write thank yous! It's a dying art [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

And congratulations on graduating and good luck in college! I think it's nice to celebrate graduating from high school, Vask, because it is a big deal (and it's not just crazy Yanks who practice it [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), especially for people who aren't going on to more education [img]smile.gif[/img]