Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Question Mark creating scrolls

I was wondering if there is a level cap in effect when you create a spell scroll? I have ( so far ) 27nth level illusionist and when I cast greater sanct it only shows it at 18 ( at least that is what I think this number is in the lower left corner).
Thanks again for any all help!
( gets ready for the barrage from RTB)
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: creating scrolls

Nope, no barrages on scrolls, spell casters aren't really my thing, so I have no idea. I do believe that there is a limit when it comes to spell levels that you can create, although I can't even be sure about that.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:48 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: creating scrolls

The problem here is that there's a default level for Cast Spell item properties. Greater Sanctuary, when cast from a scroll, will always be at level 18 for example, no matter your actual level. That's usually a bad thing but it's how things are set up and there's not a lot you can do about it.
One notable exception is the Greater Magic Weapon spell, which you can cast around level 5 or so, but which always counts as level 15, so at lower levels using or making a GMW scroll is superior to casting the spell directly - you get the maximum +5 enhancement and a longer duration.

On the whole though, the Scribe Scroll feat is mostly useful to create spell scrolls in a multiplayer environment, which you can then trade with your fellow wizards for spells you yourself lack, gold or other favours.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote