Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 12:07 AM   #1
plshelp

i come.............to watch.................the duel......................i..........shal......... .........be .............neutral
i.......hold.........the..........powers.........o f........probability(i have a dice roling program
i.........shall...........be.........what.......it .......is........you........call........the dungeon master ........as ........soon............as........i........leave.. ..this........nexis......plane

Old 10-18-2000, 12:34 AM   #2
Larr2

Hey Tipsy, I would give up my rep. points just to fight along side you in this battle...
You always have someone looking out for you...
(and I am sure that crazed mage meant that you were a familiar in the best way possible, ...let's just not piss'em off,,,)
and plshep...I ......think .....I understood ...it...,,..#$$...that .....you would be .......our dungeon master///////// to call the shots .....and misses ???
yes???
So, somebody please go get that arrogant Pile-o-poop, and let's start some fire works !

Old 10-18-2000, 12:44 AM   #3
TDZHON

Hmmm - Imagine a fighter/mage. A truely unstoppable combo. Timestop, then hack you to pieces. No saves, no defense, no contest. In PvP, the absolute champion. Hmmmm. Start off as a fighter, go to level 12 or so (5 poinst to two-handed, 2 to two-handed style), dual to mage, go to lvl 18. Bracers AC3, dex 18, +2 ring from Lich, +2 ring of pro, gives AC -4, 4 Attacks per round with two-handed sword, frost giant girdle, boots of etherial... Start with timestop, go etherial, improved hasete, and hack away. Game over. There would be no way to stop this strat. Only another mage getting the Timestop in first would have a chance. IMO, timestop is the ultimate spell.

Old 10-18-2000, 12:59 AM   #4
Larr2

agreed!! I do love that spell...it saved my butt many a time against the Vampires at night in the streets(them's tough little f*ck*rs, no ??

Old 10-18-2000, 10:08 AM   #5
Larr2

Ok... Anyone of you guys out there who will call neutrality to the Jerome vs Typ. battle, and be a Dungeon Master so that they can duke it out and the shots be called like they should ??
This is what needs to be done in order to come to a close our little dispute with the arrogant Paladin...

(I can just see it now...Jerome goes to the bathroom...as he turns around, BAM!! a poisoned arrow says hello to his chest...As he falls to the ground, he tries to make out the blur of a thief standing over him, gawking..."Is that you,,,Typsy" ???As he takes his final breath...Alas, he dies, ...But wait ...Typsy brought along a healer who can ressurrect Jerome back to health !!Why, so Asphyxiate can blast him! And again, the bite of death sweeps over the poor, lonely, shivering Paladin wanna-be!!!)...Poor guy, never got to even use his little sword...

Old 10-18-2000, 10:11 AM   #6
Zlinky

Ohhhh.... a poor little paladin dies - im so sad - can i nail thief?

Old 10-18-2000, 10:20 AM   #7
Tipsy McSwagger

A duel, eh? Well never let it be said that Tipsy (that's with an "i" Larr2, but pay it no mind) McSwagger swashbuckler extraordinare runs from a fight however I must insist on seeing the rules for this little tete a tete beforehand. I don't want Jerome pulling out some +5 Longsword of Thief Smiting and bashing me in ye old noggin whilst I'm making me way to the theatre. Plus, what spoils shall go to the victor?

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-18-2000, 10:49 AM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Oh hey, oh hey. You don't need to bring a cleric. Surprise (I'm already here.) I did tell you I was a ranger/cleric. I can resurrect someone if they die (at least once anyways). I do have a couple of Heal spells and a gobs bunch of cure light/serious/moderate/critical too. We could really see who is the victor (just in case someone cheats). LOL
Old 10-18-2000, 11:55 AM   #9
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I support my familiars. Tipsy, take this scroll of hol-i'sh'ite protection with you.
Old 10-18-2000, 11:58 AM   #10
Tipsy McSwagger

Er. Thanks.

"I support my familiars"? Sheesh. Can't a free-wheeling, independent thief get any respect around here? No? Well how 'bout a beer?

Drink up.

-Tipsy