Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2002, 02:01 PM   #1
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

where can i go to play multi player my game came with a link to HEAT but when i go there it says it been shut down and gives some link but they to have been shut down ??
Dragis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 06:19 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

get gamespy arcade, BG2 is one of the games they support, BG1 might be as well. But your better off organising a game with your own friends, getting a random group of people to play the game long enough to be worthwhile is somewhere between impossible and insane.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:19 AM   #3
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well that sux im the only one of my friends that has internet and only one of my friends as any intrest in Baldurs gate (witch is why there are so many post with my name he uses my registration to post questions in the forum sometimes)
Dragis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 02:26 PM   #4
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

In a step-by-step way, explained in a way that even the slow-witted members of KAK can understand, how would one set up a multiplayer internet game among friends??? I have read to directions in the manual but found myself saying Huh?
Old 12-01-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Its simple enough, even for the BYOB. One of the computers, preferably the fastest and definately the one with the best internet connection, is the host.

To join the host, the other computers (or clients) need to know how to connect to it. For that, you need the hosts IP address. On most systems, the simplest way is to run a program called winipcfg, select the "PPP adapter" and read off the IP. On other systems you may need to run a DOS program called ipconfig /all, and read it off of that display. Its usualy the IP address given for the last adapter.

If your on broadband, it sometimes slightly different but you should be able to figure it out. Anyway, when you have the hosts IP, give it to all the clients and when they create the game, enter that number, and with a little luck they will connect to the host and your sorted.

[ 12-01-2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: andrewas ]