Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2003, 03:06 PM   #1
Debaser

SPOILERS CONTAINED!

*Ok, so I basically stuck in this little "Temporal Stasis" quest in Dragon's Eye. I've gone through the "loop" two full times, and I am on my third run through it...I am following a walkthrough on Gamefaqs.com to kind of help me out with this, because I heard that it can be very frustrating. Anyway, it says that on this third run through the time loop, you should go to the palace first (where the bigass Elemental king guy shares a few words with the guy who's name starts w/ a V...Venomin?) then, he says something about watching a play (in the amphitheater) and if I talk to a firewalker they will begin this play. When I head there afterwards, though, I talk to them and nothing happens. No play starts, they simply have the same dialogue option that they have had before (a description of trials and plays, basically.)

Have I encountered a bug (I hope to GOD this is not the case, because I've been bad about keeping multiple, well-distributed saves) or am I doing something in the wrong order? Is there something I'm overlooking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, you guys

[ 03-17-2003, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Debaser ]
Old 03-17-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Go to the amphitheater and ask one of the firewalkers there about the play, and you should be all right.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
Debaser

Nightowl-

Thanks for responding. I actually tried that already, multiple times...and to no avail. Is there anything else I could be missing???

This is so damn frustrating, just because I want to get on w/ the game but can't because I'm STUCK!

Any more suggestions? anyone?
Old 03-17-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Kinda hard to remember exact details now, but as I recall, this part was pretty simple. You visit the top elemental, have a chat with him (you can give him a poison cure potion for a random item, if you like), then go see the play.

If I remember rightly, he talks to Venomin and also the Fire Giant. Did that happen in your game?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:54 PM   #5
Imrahil
Elminster

Try this... (paraphrased straight from a [different] walkthrough)

- go to Pyros's area & eavesdrop on Venomin telling Pyros what he knows
- talk to Pyros & Venomin (who will head for Izbelah's cage)
- follow Pyros & listen to what he says to Lothar
- when Pyros walks away, talk to Lother & ask about Izbelah (in particular, ask about where she cast the spell)
- talk to Jasper about the beholder
- head to the amphitheater
- ask about the trial & watch the play
- wait for everyone to wake up
- go back to Lothar's area & eavesdrop on Lothar & Venomin
- presumably, Izbelah should be killed while trying to escape & Lothar will go hostile
- no big deal & the Fields of Slaughter exit should now be open so you can procede to the "next" day

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:26 AM   #6
Debaser

Imrahil, Nightowl

Thank you for helping out, guys. Problem solved.
When I talked to Pyros, I wasn't waiting around long enough for him to talk to both Venomin and Lothar...basically, I kept jumping on the boat before that whole series of events occurred, so I think the option to watch the play was not being triggered for this reason.

Thanks again! I'm out of this time-warp nightmare and killing some demons for Nickademus now.