Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The version 1.25 has been released!!! Here are the details from the site....

Neverwinter Nights v1.25 English

Simply press the Update button on your Neverwinter Nights Launcher.

WARNING! AS OF THIS PATCH, ALL MODULES CREATED/SAVED WITH THE VERSION 1.25 TOOLSET ARE TAGGED AS REQUIRING VERSION 1.25 OR HIGHER OF NEVERWINTER NIGHTS GAME OR TOOLSET.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BRAND YOUR MODULE AS 1.25 THEN DO NOT EDIT YOUR MODULE IN THE VERSION 1.25 TOOLSET.
IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 1.24, WE WILL HAVE A 1.25 TO 1.24 PATCH AVAILABLE.

Patch details:
Neverwinter Nights Game
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- added Kobolds and Malar Panther to the game - demo modules included
- added Hidden Wall Door and Hidden Trap Door placeables to the game - demo module included
- added the Neverwinter Nights Content Installer. Please check out the new files in your "utils" directory.
- added Buddy Lists to both the in-game Server Browser and the Neverwinter Nights Community site.

Through this, you will be able to see the on-line gaming status of your Buddies as well as the server that they are playing on.

You can view the Community site version of the Buddy List here

- Moved "source" 2DA files from the patching system as they were sometimes breaking people's ability to patch. They are now in the root of the NWN directory in a file called "2dasource.zip".
- Upgraded sound system to Miles 6.5
- Added the ability for users to specify their chat colors using settings in nwnplayer.ini. The color values are specified by:

Color=RedValue,GreenValue,BlueValue

where the color values can be in the range of 1 to 255. You cannot use 0.

Here are the default colors:

[Chat Colors]
TalkColor=240,240,240
ShoutColor=255,239,80
WhisperColor=128,128,128
TellColor=32,255,32
ServerColor=176,176,176
PartyColor=240,240,240
DMColor=16,223,255

Here are some sample color settings:

[Colors]
Color=255,1,1 // Red
Color=1,255,1 // Green
Color=1,1,255 // Blue
Color=1,255,255 // Cyan
Color=255,1,255 // Magenta
Color=255,255,1 // Yellow
Color=255,255,255 // White

In case you interested Orange = 255,102,1

- Added "/tk" and "/talk" to the chat command list.
- Added Console Commands and for:

getbannedlist

banplayername [name]

banplayerip [ip]

banplayercd [public CD Key]

unbanplayername [name]

unbanplayerip [ip]

unbanplayercd [public CD Key]

- All 2DAs now work properly in Hak Paks. Seriously. I am not kidding.
- Fixed miscalculation of AC bonuses.
- Fixed saving throw miscalculation.
- Reversed disarm weapon size modifier so that the larger weapon gets a bonus rather than a penalty to match the feat description.
- Improved CD checking compatibility.
- Fixed the plot-item Paladin tunic problem in Olgerds store in the Prelude.
- Fixed door initial state animation.
- Fixed a problem with portals not going to the proper waypoint.
- Bard song temporary hitpoints are now working properly.
- Changed ban lists to write out to the nwnplayer.ini file on each modification.
- Offhand damage should now work properly for double bladed weapons.
- Sped up the server vault character listing.
- You can no longer set traps on objects that are already trapped.
- Prevent illegal characters in the module name from breaking save game file names.
- Fixed Store Sell Mark Up value to work in the same range as the Toolset.
- Failing to load a Module reports the proper error message instead of "Not Enough Disk Space"
- Fixed a problem with the game loading modules with multiple periods in the module file name.
- Fixed the problem of not being able to unequip your items if you polymorph, save, load, then unpolymorph.
- Do Max CR check for spell talents always, not just for metamagicked spells.
- Fixed a visual bug on older ATI cards playing the Bink movies under Windows XP.
- Fixed a potential server hang in Jump all players to point.
- Fixed a problem if you were kicked from the server while in an area transition, your client would hang.
- Fixed a server crash when a player ignored a party join request from a player who had left the game.
- Fixed 2 memory leaks.

DM Client:
=-=-=-=-=-
- Fixed problems associated with saving games while DM possessing NPCs
- DMs will now see a player's/creature's Character Sheet when examining them, rather than the Examine Menu.
- DM Party bar will now display Character Names instead of Player Names.
- DMs now hear ALL party chat messages from ALL players by default.
- Fixed a DM-created portalling issue.
- Cleaned up some DM chat display issues.
- Fixed a problem associated with saving games while DM possessing NPCs.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurs when radialing off of a Player Portrait when using the DM client.
- DMs are no longer affected by Jump all players to point.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurs when a DM tries to level down an NPC using Take Level.

Scripting-specific:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- In ActivePortal(), the sWaypointTag parameter is now case sensitive.
- Changed maximum size of compiled scripts from 256K to 512K.
- Added GetResRef() scripting command.
The following 2 new scripting commands are for testing only. There are some funky issues with them that we will resolve for 1.26
- Added DecrementRemainingFeatUses():
// Decrement the remaining uses per day for this creature by one.
// - oCreature: creature to modify
// - nFeat: constant FEAT_*
void DecrementRemainingFeatUses(object oCreature, int nFeat);
- Added DecrementRemainingSpellUses().
// Decrement the remaining uses per day for this creature by one.
// - oCreature: creature to modify
// - nSpell: constant SPELL_*
void DecrementRemainingSpellUses(object oCreature, int nSpell);
- Fixed ActionPauseConversation().
- Fixed CreateObject() - it was having problems if the template wasn't found.
- Fixed GetFirstObjectInArea() and GetNextObjectInArea().
- GetStartLocation() nows return a valid area.
- Fixed GetHasSpell() to work for Sorcerers and Bards.
- GetName() will work for modules and areas now (returns name in language of module).
- Fixed a crash in PlaySound() when called by module.
- Fixed main tile light constants and added constants for source lights.
- SetTileSourceLightColor() is now working properly.
- Fixed GetItemPossessor() to work when loading polymorphed possessor in a save game.
- Rotating placeables now rotates the walkmesh as well in SetFacing().
- AdjustAlignment() no longer effects DMs.

Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
- Added a new column to "ambientmusic.2da" and "ambientsound.2da" - "DisplayName" - if the "Description" column contains "****", then the Toolset will use the text in "DisplayName" for the name of the file.
- Fixed bug where setting the animation/open state on a door or placeable object did not flag the area as being modified, and hence changes would not be saved.
- Changed resource selection dialog labels when exporting resources
- Changed the display of data from "placeables.2da", to use the "Label" column if the "StrRef" column contains "****".
- Prevent illegal characters in the module name from breaking save game file names, such as \ / : * ? . " < > |
- Fixed bug where baseitems.2da was not being reloaded after loading a module with a Hak Pak or after changing the Hak Pak for a module.
- Creature Wizard acts like the Creature Editor now, using the Label column in Appearance.2da if the StrRef was unspecified.
- Fixed a bug where the CR of a creature would be wildly different between its blueprint and its instance.
- Fixed bug in Script Editor where an error dialog would appear under certain circumstances when moving the script editor window partially offscreen then moving it back onscreen.
- When building a module and compiling scripts, if a script fails to compile only because it lacks a "void main()" or "int StartingConditional()", it is not reported as an error.
- Fixed a bug in Build dialog where double-clicking a script having a compile error would open the Script Editor in unchangeable "conditional" mode so that it would not be possible to compile a "void main()" script without errors.
- When loading an area, check for valid tile-group placement before adding the group.
- When loading a placeable object, if the BodyBag property was saved with an invalid value, use a default Treasure Model.

Hak Pak Editor
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
- Prevent adding .bik movie files. Bink movies and BMU music files must go in the "movies" and "music" directories, respectively.

If you are having problems patching, please use the manual path, located here:

http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_manual.html
Old 10-10-2002, 05:17 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Just a word of caution, there have been a flurry of posts on the Bioware board about problems with this patch that prevent gameplay. Most seem to revolve around those who have hacks in place.

They say the uninstaller for this will be out this afternoon for those with problems. I think I'll wait until tomorrow or the weekend to update....just in case.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:11 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My module that I am building is mostly haks, made and edited by Cyril...I would not dare mess with what I already have established. I will wait and watch for improvements to this. Man! Alot of good fixes! But I have most of my module running haks...so oh well...se la vi...ni modo...
Old 10-10-2002, 07:51 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

After what I'm reading on the Bioware boards, you shouldn't install the 1.25 patch right now. They're saying 1.26 should be out Tuesday to fix the problems in 1.25.

Also 1.25 forever alters your modules from what I understand, and there's no going back. There's a uninstall patch now to revert you from 1.26 to 1.25, but I don't think it fixes the modules.

[ 10-10-2002, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-10-2002, 08:01 PM   #5
Debaser

i say that YOU SHOULD NOT INSTALL patch 1.25. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

I installed it, and I was trying to connect to multiplayer...it didn't work (i couldn't connect to the IP address of the game server i was trying to join) and for no apparent reason. so i downloaded the 1.25 --> 1.24 revert patch and installed that. tried to connect to the ip address again, and it said the game versions were incompatible...so in desperation i re-updated to 1.25 after that. this time, whenever i even click on "Join internet game" the whole game just freezes up and i basically have to restart my computer. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] as far as i can tell, loading single player games isn't affected...i haven't tried the toolset yet.

The worse part is, I can't even revert to 1.24 now...i tried reinstalling the older patch again after all this, and it aborts the task because it says something about an area file being corrupted or some stupid s**t. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

The only hack kind of thing i have ever installed is the NWN Camera hack...but i don't think that is supposed to cause a problem if you revert to the "bioware settings" before istalling a new patch.

I'm hoping 1.26 on Tuesday solves everything!! [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 08:46 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Actually the camera hack has been blamed as a partial problem.

Try completely uninstalling(backup your saves, etc.), re-install, and then download the manual update for 1.24 from the Bioware site. This should fix you up(except for any modules you may have made) until the 1.26 patch comes out. When it comes out, it will make your modes usable again!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:45 AM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Since you guys are on the topic of patches. I still have version 1.21(i stopped playing for awhile) and when i click update in the load screen it never connects to the server. Says either there is no internet connection or the server is down. I want to be opptimistic and say its the server, though i don't know why it would constantly be down like that. Should i just keep trying?
Old 10-11-2002, 01:20 AM   #8
Debaser

Ronn_Bman--you were absolutely right with the advice you gave. I backed up, uninstalled and then reinstalled everything, and it works like a dream now.

Thanks man.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:18 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Since you guys are on the topic of patches. I still have version 1.21(i stopped playing for awhile) and when i click update in the load screen it never connects to the server. Says either there is no internet connection or the server is down. I want to be opptimistic and say its the server, though i don't know why it would constantly be down like that. Should i just keep trying?
You need to update to at least v.1.24, Bluesy. You need to be at the same patch as the servers you're playing on, and they all have v1.24 at least.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 07:42 AM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

drat I installed the patch last night.. I DIDNT edit any of my mods tho... they'll be ok right? (good thing I backed em up a while back tho ) erm, anyway... tuesday? the new patch... hmm, and I was looking forward to killing kobolts... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote