Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #1
Xavier Silvermoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, now that that got your attention, I have an important question. Where the hell is all the Full Plate Mail?!?!? I haven't found a single one! Where's Diamond Cut? Where's Plate of the Balor? Air Genasi Armor? Hawk's Feather? Who do I have to kill to get armor that will protect me better than friggin' rags? As you can see I'm in quite a quandary. Please reply to this and give me some valuable information. THANK YOUx827635794035
Old 03-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
Debaser

Xavier--

You know what, come to think of it I have not come across much Full Plate Armor in this game...the Air Genesi armor is one that I definitely found (I know because my Aasimar paladin is wearing it), but whether it was acquired off some sorry corpse or in a store, I really coulld not tell you. I guess it depends how far you are in the game already, but keep looking...a suit or two is bound to surface at some point.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Never saw the Air Genesi armor for sale in any mode of play, so you likely found it as a random treasure somewhere.

Good armor was defintely a problem in this game. Someone has a mod out that will add some nifty protection to the game. I also recall - vaguely - that a patch was supposed to put some good armor in, as well. But that was sometime ago, and I'm not really sure.

You may want to search the board for "mod" in the title. It actually has several different features and you can add in just the ones you want. Very nice.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 07:15 PM   #4
Xavier Silvermoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

But the weird thing is that I know about so many of these great armors, but I never come across them, even after playing the game in full seven times, (working on eighth.) The only full plate mail I know of is the boring beetle shell, and the full plate +1 in Kuldahar and on the demon knight in the final battle. Where the hell are they?!?!? I've checked all the random drop spots where random things are most likely to be, sucha s the chests in Dragon's eye. There are no good items in those either. Could someone at least tell me how you get random drop stuff? Which people do you collect it off of?
Old 03-17-2003, 08:54 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, I did find mithril half-plate +2 in the Severed Hand; that may be the best available.

What you could do, besides adding in the mod, is get a list of all the items in the game and give them (or some of them) to yourself with the cheat console.

Nightowl2
Old 03-17-2003, 09:00 PM   #6
Xavier Silvermoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I do that all the time, its just that I want to complete the game without cheating, and I know that there's a list of monsters that drop completely random items, including the mystery ones that I speak of.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:06 PM   #7
Xavier Silvermoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could whoever just told me about the mod please make a link for it on the next post because I'm a lazy ass and I can't find it myself? Thank you in advance for saving my weenie arse.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
Imrahil
Elminster

Try here for Weimer's IWD2 MOD's...

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/iwd2.html

Have you tried Heart of Fury mode? Some of the items you're hoping to find might only be found there.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:52 AM   #9
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Nym sells the Air Genesi Armor and the Armor of the Clerics of Myrkul. I can't believe all of you have missed those. Heggr Splitsteel, the Dwarf in the Underdark, sells the Plate of the Pit Fiend and either Diamond Cut or Aasimar's Aura, I forget which. Either one of those two you can't get from Heggr can, I believe, be obtained in Kuldahar, either from Conlan or from Sheemish. Don't know off the top of my head about Owl's Feather, though.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I went through the game many times, in all modes, and none of the people you mention ever had any of that good stuff for sale. Believe me, I'm always looking for good stuff at every merchant!

However, it is only fair to add that I never patched my game; always played with the original release only. A late patch may have turned on the good armor and so I never saw it in-game.

Nightowl2