Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Rogue DPS, getting ready for Naxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink Whistlefly View Post
As Kak said, I managed to find them on the AH. I bid 1100g on them which seemed like a good price considering they regularly go for 2k+ on my server. I also snapped up Spaulders of Egotism for 900g which was a freaking steal!

Crickey! You must have had a major stack of that positive charge buff thingy!

I finally had my first Naxx run on Friday night. It was slow going but we had a safe, steady run completing 3 quarters and only wiped once, but that was the only epic fail we had all night.

There were a few interesting drops - I passed on Blistered Belt of Decay because it was such a tiny upgrade over my current belt (well more of a side step) and I didn't want to waste my DKP on it (my expertise is already low anyway - I didn't want to lose any more).

I picked up Maexxna's Femur since nobody else wanted it, and it'll come in handy if/when I switch over to combat next patch

My best loot of the night was my T7 legs off Thaddius but I paid quite dearly for them. I was sick of waiting for the legs from GD to drop, so I'm really happy with them! You were right Mem - I really loved it, and I'm already looking forward to my next run. My guild is just starting to run 25 man so I've picked a good time to start.

I FINALLY saw the Hemorrhaging Circle drop in GD but lost the roll - I was gutted. I still really want this ring because my expertise is low (13 atm). Most of the new items I have picked up have everything except expertise!

Last bit of news - I had a quick run of UK this evening and not only did I finally hit exalted with the WA (hello Dragonfriend Bracers!!) but the Drake-Mounted Crossbow also dropped and there wasn't a hunter in the group, so yoink! I'm really chuffed!

What I can't decide at the moment is which enchant to put on my new bracers. I know +50AP is generally seen as the best (according to Shadow Panther), but does that only assume I am expertise capped? I'm tempted to get +15 expertise rating instead - what do you guys suggest? Here's my armory link.

My boots are in need of an upgrade next - I'll focus my efforts on my Argent rep.

Next purchase - I'm currently saving for the Greatness card (see you've got yours too now Mem - congrats!) but that'll take me a few weeks of grinding to get!

All in all a really good haul this week - I'm chuffed

Zink out
Awesome stuff mate. Those shoulders are pretty much T7.25 quality. Checked your armory and you're starting to roll now.

As for expertise, you need about 24 or something to be capped. I would re-enchant your bracers with +exp since it's so low. I had the same problem - my base expertise was like 15 or something until I gemmed/enchanted for it to get it up to 21. It was a major DPS increase, even though I gave up like 100+ AP. Then some +exp food and I'm at the cap.

Got Bandit's Insignia to drop off Sapph last night - I now have Darkmoon Card: Greatness, Bandit's Insignia, Grim Toll and Mirror of Truth lol. Still waiting on Fury of the Five Flights though. And we downed Kel Thuzad last night too but no Sinister Revenge drop.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Broke through the 6k barrier on Thaddius last night - wooot!! And broke through 4k dps overall for our raid, 3 wings (spider, plague, construct) which we managed to clear in 3 hours.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

WoWWebstats parses on Thaddius - $6.9k!

http://wowwebstats.com/3dtvds66hkgy1?m&s=405719-443676

Old 03-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #24
Zink Whistlefly

Sounds like you've got trinkets coming out of your ears mate!

I've not played much over the last week or so, and probably won't get much in over the next week or two either Just can't find the time at the mo!

Also Mem 7k DPS? Sick b*$!*^%!!
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

And Murder and Sinister Revenge both dropped for me tonight woot! Unfortunately Murder is just taking up a slot in the bank at the moment as I have WD and SR as MH and OH atm.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #26
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Grats Mem!

Your mutilate weapons are now complete. The murder can probably be sold off, since you only need webbed death and sinister revenge.

I've read that mutilate in 3.1 ptr seems to be on par with combat as some of the assasination talent bugs were fixed. Though this is still unconfirmed yet. You'll probably still need to get combat weapons as well. Just in case..

On my side, I've been lobbying with our guild leaders the need of having a enhance shaman for raid. Our melee dpsers are lacking 1200++dps by not having a enchance shaman. However, the message doesn't seem to get to them...

Our last prot warrior quitted the game, I probably need to teach one of the combat rogues how to use expose armour on their rotation.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Grats Mem!

Your mutilate weapons are now complete. The murder can probably be sold off, since you only need webbed death and sinister revenge.

I've read that mutilate in 3.1 ptr seems to be on par with combat as some of the assasination talent bugs were fixed. Though this is still unconfirmed yet. You'll probably still need to get combat weapons as well. Just in case..

On my side, I've been lobbying with our guild leaders the need of having a enhance shaman for raid. Our melee dpsers are lacking 1200++dps by not having a enchance shaman. However, the message doesn't seem to get to them...

Our last prot warrior quitted the game, I probably need to teach one of the combat rogues how to use expose armour on their rotation.
Well, we have TWO shamans (elemental I think), neither of which are willing to drop WF or Strength of Earth even though we have 5 melee in group who are always top of Recount (me, another rogue, 2 feral druids and a fury warrior). I hate it when ppl are selfish.

As for Murder, I think it's BoP? Or am I wrong?

Went to Malygos tonite and I was doing 5.5k dps in phases 1 and 2.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #28
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Oh yeah, Murder is BoP.

Enjoy that top 5 spot while it last Mem. I'm now being pushed close to the bottom spot by those warlocks, mages, shadow priest, hunter, boomkin, tg warrior , deathkights and even ret pally.

Of the 5 rogues that raid in the guild, 1 quit the game and 1 reroll ret pally. Only 3 rogues left now for raiding. I feel really frustrated by the current rogue's condition.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Oh yeah, Murder is BoP.

Enjoy that top 5 spot while it last Mem. I'm now being pushed close to the bottom spot by those warlocks, mages, shadow priest, hunter, boomkin, tg warrior , deathkights and even ret pally.

Of the 5 rogues that raid in the guild, 1 quit the game and 1 reroll ret pally. Only 3 rogues left now for raiding. I feel really frustrated by the current rogue's condition.
Really?? Why is that? Currently I'm pwning pretty much everyone else but this one feral druid who is above me. I have a huntard, dk, fury warrior and mage geared to the max but I've held up pretty well. Do you have a www.wwsstats.com for one of your raids? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #30
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You've been living under the rock Mem? There is a saying at the moment, if a rogue can top dps, the guild sucks!

This wws shows how bad rogues dps are currently. http://wowwebstats.com/r4plwwokos2ai?s=174239-202203

You can check Ippon's wws thread http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

And lol, majority of my guild's wws has expired. I manage to salvage this one. Unfortunately it's our worst naxx25 man attempt and with people bringing alts and with me constantly dcing.
http://wowwebstats.com/4yvbb5wthloj3?s=24630-58352

Our best attempt was when I was pushed right at the bottom with people bringing their mains.

Edit : Try to get hold of the guild called Premonition's wws from Sen'jin server. Check out the rogue called Pinch.

Last edited by Kakero; 03-28-2009 at 06:13 AM.