Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-08-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

I was reading a question that I had to answer...this question really made me start to make me ponder...hmmm.....does anyone have hope for mankind? Enlighten me here people....because I find no hope in mankind....
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 03-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Without hope all is lost.

So yes of course, there's always hope.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I see there's no hope for mankind but I see a future for it. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I can better explain in chinese;
you qian tu ke shi mei you xi wang. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Hope? Other than the changes in technology, and the adaptations that have occurred as a result of it, people are pretty much exactly the way they were millenia ago. We still butcher each other over religion and skin color. We still let greed drive us. That's why I laugh at the Star Trek premise: some aliens show up and help us into space, and all of a sudden there is no hunger, no money, etc. Bull$#!@. It's a part of our nature. And with the technology getting better and better (and thus, better and better at killing each other off), it's only a matter of time.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 03-08-2004, 09:28 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Light Bulb

Without Faith, there is NO Hope...
Old 03-08-2004, 11:19 PM   #6
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Actually, I do believe there is hope for this world. But, as Ronn_Bman said, without Faith there is no hope. We've really destroyed the world. We've corrupted so much, twisting it and changing it into something so different. The music, the entertainment, the way we worship, the way we act, the way treat each other. And none of us can take the blame. We try to blame material items, saying "Oh yea, money is what screwed things up, money is the root of all evil" Oh yea? It's not. We just made it that. We've really messed things up, but things can change.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-09-2004, 06:05 AM   #7
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

May I input on the issue of faith?
I have none. Unless I can say faith in humanity, and the hope that we all will get it together and stop the insanity.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:23 AM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

I think Ronn has it completely wrong, Without hope there would be no faith... the essence of most peoples faith is hope for mankind and that we can be saved... but you can have hope without following a believe... like my man Kathen... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope this post isn't in violation of the Religious ban....
Old 03-10-2004, 05:30 AM   #9
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowspecter:
I was reading a question that I had to answer...this question really made me start to make me ponder...hmmm.....does anyone have hope for mankind? Enlighten me here people....because I find no hope in mankind....
just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Old 03-10-2004, 01:23 PM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Of course there's hope. I have hope. I have to... I've seen some horrible things, and I'm still relatively young, but logic must follow that hope exists. If it didn't, I would have stopped getting out of bed in the morning years ago.
Faith sometimes links itself with hope, but not always. My personal beliefs have little to do with hope, though that's just me. I know plenty of atheists who have hope... And a few that don't. I know religious people with hope, and some without. Therefore, my view is that hope is something you find within yourself.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.