Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #31
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Oh, I see. There are comments about your relationship in this thread. Well, I personally keep my nose out of stuff like that unless asked. Perhaps a PM to Avatar would have been more discreet and tasteful for a comment like that now that Eternity's a member and CAN SEE THEM! Sheesh guys! Remember your manners?
Precisely! And from a moderator too! You have no idea how much Eternity had to hold me back from FLAMING Larry to hell. Not happy about that at all! [img]graemlins/idontwanna.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2002, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Avatar ]
Old 06-18-2002, 11:08 AM   #32
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Larry was just amking some observations - opinons are allowed...

That said, she's a very attractive girl.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:12 AM   #33
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Larry was just making some observations - opinons are allowed...

How about if i was to observe that a huge wooden plank is swing towards his head right now? Would that be an observation, opinion or disallowed?
Old 06-18-2002, 11:22 AM   #34
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
How about if i was to observe that a huge wooden plank is swing towards his head right now? Would that be an observation, opinion or disallowed?
[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] baby... no
[img]graemlins/smilelazer.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]
Old 06-18-2002, 11:28 AM   #35
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Larry was just making some observations - opinons are allowed...

How about if i was to observe that a huge wooden plank is swing towards his head right now? Would that be an observation, opinion or disallowed?[/QUOTE]Easy killer, Larry's a good guy. He doesn't deserve a verbal beating, just a gentle reminder. His post was tastefully worded if nothing else. I'm sure he had best interests in mind. No harm intended. He may not have even realized Eternity was a member and reading the thread. Be calm, find Zen, etc.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:32 AM   #36
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

People, people, let's not fall out over trivia. Everyone has opinions and let's hope we are mature enough to respect the fact that whilst we may disagree from time-to-time, it does not mean we dislike the person we are disagreeing with.

Also, amongst friends, you will get a certain degree of banter and good-natured ribbing - it's what friends do when they talk and this place is no different. Please learn to look behind the bare statements and appreciate the intent. I'm sure a lot of misunderstandings could be avoided if we all tried to do this [img]smile.gif[/img]

And on a personal note, in my opinion, the pictures of Eternity on Stealthy's were perfectly tasteful and inoffensive (unlike the recent photo of me ). I would like to see them put back if indeed they have been removed.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Everyone just settle down, ok? Larry, your statement was out of line. In threads like these (and like when dizzy posted his gf photos and Lioness posted her photos) it's usually better to post nothing at all than to post something negative about a person or a relationship.

Just think of how you would feel if the roles were reversed - you posted pics of your wife and Avvy said something even the slightest bit disparaging. I would hope that we can all be tactful when people trust the rest of us enough to post pictures, etc. online.

And conversely - Avvy, NOT to say that this is your fault at all because it's NOT - but perhaps a bit more tact when communicating this (like updating the Stealthy's Ironworks Photo Album thread which seems like I'm the only one who does it) would have been more appropriate and not attrated as much attention.

Eternity, please accept my apologies for any hurt caused - and we'd love you to put your pics back up. They're lovely. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2002, 11:52 AM   #38
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Everyone just settle down, ok? Larry, your statement was out of line. In threads like these (and like when dizzy posted his gf photos and Lioness posted her photos) it's usually better to post nothing at all than to post something negative about a person or a relationship.

Just think of how you would feel if the roles were reversed - you posted pics of your wife and Avvy said something even the slightest bit disparaging. I would hope that we can all be tactful when people trust the rest of us enough to post pictures, etc. online.

And conversely - Avvy, NOT to say that this is your fault at all because it's NOT - but perhaps a bit more tact when communicating this (like updating the Stealthy's Ironworks Photo Album thread which seems like I'm the only one who does it) would have been more appropriate and not attrated as much attention.

Eternity, please accept my apologies for any hurt caused - and we'd love you to put your pics back up. They're lovely. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks memmnoch! [img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah, I was going to but it's locked so I couldn't update it. Sorry! Otherwise I know better than just a pure thread about my girlfriend.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:55 AM   #39
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am not out of line, sorry to disagree with you.

If her picture was not provocative enough with her leg thrown up for everyone to see and Avatar's insinuating phrases about her not good enough to wake your minds up to think that it was of questionable material...then your standards are sadly low for an adult.

I had a right to post what I thought about it, just as everyone else has a right on here to disagree with any other opinion that arises on Gen Con, without fear of getting publically flogged by the remainder of the moderation.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:00 PM   #40
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I thought that this was a 'family' forumn... correct me if im wrong... not that its really any of my buisness. lol, since im 17 the term 'family' doesnt really apply to me. not that this has anything to do with the current thread tho,