Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-09-2002, 07:03 PM   #41
Lioness
Jack Burton

I have been to:

States:
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Maine
Vermont
Conneticut
Rhode Island
New York
Florida
Indiana
Arizona
Washington
Oregon
Montana

Also: Puerto Rico

Other COuntries:
Canada: British COlumbia, and Prince Edward Island
France
Ireland

I have only lived in massachusetts though
Old 02-14-2002, 01:02 AM   #42
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Has anyone seen The Great Wall? Its the most awesome thing I've ever seen and likely will ever see. I was there twice, its STEEP! The part I was on had been restored obviously but you can see it go on and on over the mountains. Just incredible. Just wondering if anyone else had been there.

Wow.

No, unfortunately. Would be a mind expanding experience I'm sure. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-14-2002, 01:08 AM   #43
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hugh, Suriname was for work (1994) - I was with the company for about 18 months when the boss called me in and sent me off for 3 sunny (and rainy) weeks. Had to participate in a technical audit of the plant we have there - same reason I managed to see Jamaica and meet Donut at Highbury last May .

Aha. Very unusual place to be sent - for an Australian. Maybe not for a Dutchman.

I had an Australian mate who used to regularly get sent to Saikhlin, that long thin island in Russia, near Vladivostok and Japan. That was a pretty unusual destination I thought.

Hi Epona, Arledrian. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-14-2002, 03:42 AM   #44
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Aha. Very unusual place to be sent - for an Australian. Maybe not for a Dutchman.

I work for an American company though Hugh - that's the key .
Old 02-14-2002, 06:29 AM   #45
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Hi Epona, Arledrian. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hey Yorick! You're a Dracolich now, I like the avatar. Agree about the Great Wall - that is one thing I would just love to see! My travel wish-list is enormous, I wouldn't even know where to begin listing all the places I want to see. If nothing else, I intend to get to Rome later this year - I can't believe I've never been, I've studied the place in detail!!
Old 02-14-2002, 06:58 AM   #46
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Hey Yorick! You're a Dracolich now, I like the avatar. Agree about the Great Wall - that is one thing I would just love to see! My travel wish-list is enormous, I wouldn't even know where to begin listing all the places I want to see. If nothing else, I intend to get to Rome later this year - I can't believe I've never been, I've studied the place in detail!!

same here epona... the worst thing about having the decision to travel is that you dont know were to start. so many places, so little money, so little time.

like i said in the first post, im starting in what i have near. so its france and italy this summer. btw, i started a french course (i knew a bit from high school) a month ago that lasts until july, so i can at least handle myself whilst im there. and since im not planning on going to paris, i guess people will be nice and wont mind my terrible accent. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2002, 07:33 AM   #47
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:

since im not planning on going to paris, i guess people will be nice and wont mind my terrible accent. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would say go to Paris! I was told terrible things about "arrogant Parisians" before I went - but actually people were really nice - I tried to speak a little French, which I'm not at all skilled at, and people were appreciative of the fact I tried and went out of their way to be helpful.

Unfortunately for me, English people have a bad reputation when it comes to travel, people often think we are arrogant, expect everyone to speak English, ask for English food all the time, get drunk and throw up, sing football songs etc. Sadly this is in part true, some people do behave like that, and it affects the way English travellers are treated.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:34 AM   #48
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I would like to go back to Rome one day - I threw my coin in the fountain so that means it's supposed to happen right .

I do remember getting very sick and staggering through the Vatican tour the next day before finding a pharmacy and a taxi back to the hotel. Didn't sleep well that night, and being on the 7th floor when the earth tremor hit the place didn't help. I reckon my floor of the hotel (top) had about a half metre sway in either direction. That was the one that struck Asissi, and collapsed a church or cathedral there.

So many things I never got to see and do on that visit - oh well, good reasons to return someday.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:40 AM   #49
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I would like to go back to Rome one day - I threw my coin in the fountain so that means it's supposed to happen right .

I do remember getting very sick and staggering through the Vatican tour the next day before finding a pharmacy and a taxi back to the hotel. Didn't sleep well that night, and being on the 7th floor when the earth tremor hit the place didn't help. I reckon my floor of the hotel (top) had about a half metre sway in either direction. That was the one that struck Asissi, and collapsed a church or cathedral there.

So many things I never got to see and do on that visit - oh well, good reasons to return someday.

Flippin heck, sounds like you had a trip to remember...
Old 02-14-2002, 07:47 AM   #50
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

I would say go to Paris! I was told terrible things about "arrogant Parisians" before I went - but actually people were really nice - I tried to speak a little French, which I'm not at all skilled at, and people were appreciative of the fact I tried and went out of their way to be helpful.

yep, im aware of the parisians fame. its not that why im not going though. i dont like big cities that much. i prefer the countryside and small towns. i think they give you a much better feel of the countrys identity. besides, im planning on staying near the mediterranean. [img]smile.gif[/img]