Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 09:14 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, continuing the thread down Memory Lane ....

Out of the 7 wizardries, which was your favorite Wizardry NPC or villain? Which one do you still think about from time to time, or which one had the best "catch line"?

I've thrown the question out, and I realize that it's a hard one for me. I'm partial to Bradley's NPC's of course.

I guess that if I had to make a decision, it would be Brother TShober (the drunken monk) from Wizardry 7: Dark Savant. The little sot would show up right at the most inopportune moments, spout off some hilarious lines, and then waddle off again. You'd think he'd be easy to "lick" as well...well, every NPC that took him on (yes, the NPC's fought amongst each other in Wiz 7!), no matter how tough they were, would get defeated and here would come little ol TShober once again. He reminded me of nothing so much as that crow in the old Tex Avery cartoons that just walked along with a little hop every once in a while, and someone would pick a fight with him, and out he'd come again, not a scratch on him. It got to be quite hilarious. I think at the end of Wizardry 7, only he and Xen Xheng and Jan-ette were alive in my game, and he had kicked most of the NPC booty around Lost Guardia; that is, the ones my party hadn't (in Wiz 7, you were supposed to kill the bad NPC's, like the T'Rang; it's not an Erathsmedor thing, LOL!)

So, on to you guys...who was your favorite, and what do you remember about them?

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 09:20 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I just remembered something else remarkable about Brother TShober...if your guys turned "evil" and decided to kill him, his ghost would lay in wait for you every time you passed the Munkharama bridge (the place where he was supposed to guard in life) and you'd have to fight his ghost, which was 10 times more difficult than he was, EVERY time you tried to pass!

If only Bradley had put something like that in Wizards and Warriors for Erathsmedor and Oakenmir! Can you imagine those little NPC-killers having to kill an undead Ent or an undead Dragon every time they turned around? ROFL!!! The ultimate Revenge (and make it to where they got NO experience for doing so...and they always showed up right during the heat of another major battle!)

-Sazerac
Old 03-12-2001, 10:17 PM   #3
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I personally liked the end of Wizardry I: Proving Grounds with Werdna and his vampires ready for the ambush. That last fight was a doozy. Just getting to them was the worst. Turning around, step forward a couple of times, turn around and step back. It was a blast.

Even better was Wizardry 4: Return Of Werdna when you played the illustious filthbag and all the adventurers came after you. I loved all the things they would say at you and you then realized you were absolutely defenseless practically. It was a kick in the pants!!

What a great way to rekindle my youth! Thanks so much guys! I haven't played 6, but I did with 5 and 7. They were good. 7 was absolutely fantastic and that's what reminds me of Wizards and Warriors. I can't wait to see Wizardry 8. Looks ALOT like W&W!!!! YES!!!!

Druadic
Druadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 01:30 AM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Best Villan,

Gosh I was just thinking about good ol Brother T'Shober today! I always loved his drunken antics, and I never killed him. In my game, he was still alive, Jan-Ette as well, in fact I think most of the good ones survived. My biggest reget was killing Blindmeis, whom I did come to like. I wanted that Cane of Corpus, but thinking back I wished I hadn't done it. He was a likeable rat. I ended up making peace with the Umpani (hey, they didnt give me a blunderbuss for nothing). I didn't kill the crazy general guy (forget his name), but I did wipe the T'Tang out. Ugly bastards!

Hmm, my favorite again, T'Shober would certainly be high on my list for certain. I'll have to agree with you Saz, my mind is blank and I can't think of anyone else that made me laugh so much!

anyone else?

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:11 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

As far as villains go, in Wizardry 7, the biggest villain I faced was Shritis, the T'Rang Assassin. It took me 5 tries to kill him, and then with most of my characters near death (and they were all level 20+ at the time). The only thing that comes close in Wizards and Warriors is the fight with Elyssia...or maybe the Mantraps.

-Sazerac
Old 03-15-2001, 10:44 PM   #6
slug
Manshoon

favorite NPC would have to be the caterpiller with the hookah in BANE
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 11:53 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hahah, I'd almost forgotten about him, Slug! Yep, I loved his reaction when you brought the hookah pipe back to him!

Glad to see you're here!

-Saz