Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-15-2004, 12:08 AM   #31
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
the war in Iraq was based onthe search of weapons of mass destruction (i'll overlook the other reasons for the purpose of argument).
And therein lies a huge mistake. If you "overlook the other reasons" then you deliberately blind yourself to parts of the world that you wish wern't there. Just because you can't cope with something doesn't mean you can wish it away. If you continue down this path of 'overlooking' then you doom yourself to make the same mistakes over and over again. [/QUOTE]I overlook these factors because i have hope [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 02:20 PM   #32
shadowspecter
The Magister

This topic has been very interesting and enlightening. Thanks everyone for those who responded, most of you have change some of my perspective towards life.

If I offended anyone by posting the religion question part, then sorry.
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 03-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #33
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Glad to hear this post has proven productive for you.

I don't think anyone was offended, just that we are not permitted to carry discussions on the subject matter at this time.

[ 03-17-2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 03-17-2004, 09:54 PM   #34
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Just going by the subject title, in a word-NO have a nice day
Old 03-17-2004, 10:58 PM   #35
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
I overlook these factors because i have hope [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well that's fine. As a future politician I'm glad that your definition of hope makes you so vulnerable to manipulation.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #36
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hierophant, if you want to exchange philosophical jabs with Intrepid take it to pm's.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 03-17-2004, 11:25 PM   #37
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Hierophant, if you want to exchange philosophical jabs with Intrepid take it to pm's.
No, Intrepid is fine. We have different ideas, but nothing irreconcilable. YOU on the other hand are someone that I will 'take it to pms' with...
Old 03-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #38
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah there is hope people have made it this long with some problems, I don't see why we can't make it another 96 years without much trouble. What you said about life being boring and simple, life is what you make it, I can't say i'm the most positive person in the world acctually i'm quite pesimistic. I used to have some simular idea's about life as you. So I can see where your coming from but if your judging all this from what you've seen in highschool, not saying thats just what your basing these idea's on. But if you are your wasting your time don't read to much into what you see in school.

BTW- who wants to get to mars anyway we landed on the moon forever ago, and whats that got us.......