Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-21-2001, 09:11 AM   #31
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Morning everyone, no time for a fun tale to start the day, I'm off for work. Thanx for stopping by to visit, and for your encouragement.. Draconia sweet Dragonflower, sure hope you come back soon, I'd hate to have to be in here for too long
Picks up the Lovely LadyRae giving her a really big, "I'm your friend and will always be "Smitten"/ with you Princess", bear hug
Gadz I am running late, gotta go, See everyone later
Smitten by
Old 03-21-2001, 09:16 AM   #32
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well you old Kensai you, don´t you go off killing all thoose poor mindflayers all bye yourself now..

I hope the dear dragon lady will contact you soon. have you guys tried e-mailing?? Just a little thought here.

Well hopefully you will all be back with us soon..

take care..

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-21-2001, 09:49 AM   #33
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Would it matter, dear one? LadyRae isn't... Would it matter if rl Lee was?

For me , role-playing is role-playing...
Some people have a problem with it, I know, when it involves romance.
An example is Draconia, who made it plain from the start that she's happily married when the knights/bards/princes made romantic sugestions, and that she would have none of it. An example of those who don't have a problem with it, other than myself, are LadyZ and Stealthy who are very happily married in rl and BK who's engaged.

???

[B]WHAT?/[B]Ummm . . . do you know something that I don't? I know I was a little drunk this weekend but . . . ummmm....I don't remember getting engaged . . .

BK

------------------
The Laughing Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Old 03-21-2001, 09:50 AM   #34
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK. Armisael once said I was the most empathic bloke he'd ever met, and even without any of the detail I can figure out what must've happened. Friends, please realize that when you are in a roleplaying situation, people around you are roleplaying too. There is usually a protocol when roleplaying online, you may remember Asphyxiate using it (Asphyxiate, correct me if my syntax is wrong):

When you are in character, you put down the initials (ic) (in character) right at the start of your post. If your post does not involve the character you are roleplaying, then you can put (ooc) (for out-of-character) at the top of the post as well. This can avoid confusion of the type that I think may have arisen here. More often than not if people normally roleplay or the thread is a roleplaying thread, there's no need to identify that - just as long as people do remember when it's roleplaying and when it's not.

Smile guys! You're among friends here - just make sure they know when you're in character and when you're not.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-21-2001, 09:51 AM   #35
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRae:
Let me amend that part about BK... I'm not sure he's actually engaged but he has a rl girlfriend he obviously cares deeply for...
Whew . . .had me worried there . . . and I do . . .(sigh) what to do, what to do . . .

BK

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 09:56 AM   #36
Stealthy

Well Relic, you seem to have plenty of company in your self-imposed banishment Count me in too, the companys great but the locale stinks. Next time pick somewhere more hospitable, as the rats keep sucking on my bones.

On a serious note, Bilquis post made perfect sense and I hope Draconia realises this and decides to come back. From what she said of her home life, she needs her friends here more than ever. I hope she doesn't feel embarrassed by all of this as there is no need to be. We are all friends after all.

LadyRae:

Quote:
For me , role-playing is role-playing...
Some people have a problem with it, I know, when it involves romance.
An example is Draconia, who made it plain from the start that she's happily married when the knights/bards/princes made romantic sugestions, and that she would have none of it. An example of those who don't have a problem with it, other than myself, are LadyZ and Stealthy who are very happily married in rl and BK who's engaged.
You are so right. Whilst I have never been unfaithful nor would want too, I really enjoy my 'romance' with Ladylicious. However, it would be foolish to fall in love on the board, as for all I know she could be a man with a warped sense of humour, or 78 years of age and she sent a photo of her grand-daughter. I must say I do believe her implicity, but I am sure there are some who lie about themselves. In real life it might be entirely possible for my feelings for her to be genuine, if we were both single, but without making that all important eye-contact and verbal communication, who's to say. For now I enjoy the fantasy and I am happy to keep it like that.

------------------

Watch out for LadyWendy's lovebites!
Click here for the album site.

Shadow Mage of the OHF.
Old 03-21-2001, 10:14 AM   #37
Black Knight

I think Bliqis has hit it on the head. When typing, you can put in words, and if there are no smileys, or text variations, it is hard to tell inflections. Like, "That makes sense," vs "

THAT

makes sense." It is all a matter of knowing to take everything with a grain of salt, and that no one is out to hurt anyone here. And if you are . . . well, I feel sorry for you.

But anyways, I know that CB and I sometimes get out of hand and there are others shaking their heads in our wake. Others have taking up on the RPing aspect here. Most of the time it is for fun, but others take things more seriously than others. But I know that CB and I have become friends because of the fun we've had, and I hope others have too. This is our community, and it is up to us to keep this a fun, happy place. If you have a problem with someone, try to work it out with them, either here or through email. Don't let hurt feelings fester into something bigger. I've made my share of faux pas (can anyone say French Tart . . .) and I've had to make my share of apologies. I just don't want someone leaving here with a bad feeling. BK gets off soapbox . . .

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 11:54 AM   #38
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Mindflayer Lair/date; morn march 21st
In their inifinate wisdom, the Powers that rule the Forgotten Realms have opened a dimensional gate, realizing that the old Kensai must ply his trade to survive. Being in between calls, he pops into the Lair to see who has come by to visit. Thanking the Beautiful Princess LadyRae, Dear Draconia, majestic Dragon , Queen, Oldest and most trusted friend on the Board, the Great and Mighty Memnoch, His Great Grey Howling WOLFGIR friend, and Oh.. the charming and ravishing bilqis, his Noble Paladin friend Black Knight, who need only ask, and The.Relic's beloved Vorpal Blade will be at his service, the Magnificent Stealthy who shall have no more to fear from pesky rats, for they shall be dealt with post haste, for thier support and for sharing thier wisdom. If only Dear sweet Draconia would return soon
Ahhh... enchanting Princess LadyRae.....
Forever Smitten by
Old 03-21-2001, 01:28 PM   #39
Draconia

The.Relic, I have given all of this much thought. I will stay here but I think my role playing will come to an end. Now you can get out of the dungeon and head over to the Inn after you have had a bath. I am sorry for everything and you know what I mean. Take Care my dear friend. I will not be around for a few days but that is because the things I must do in my life.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-21-2001, 01:38 PM   #40
Moiraine
Anubis

Black Knight, just wanted to say that I never took the "French tart" seriously at all - it was so 'out of the blue' ! It was fun pretending to be mad at you !!! I should do that more often ...

------------------