Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 04:02 PM   #1
Drawde1
The Magister

One of the things I'm working on for BG2, apart from the spell effects mod (which I'll e-mail to TeamBG or similar fairly soon) is improved (not more powerful, just more interesting) summoning spells, so you get a greater variety of summoned creatures - things like goblins, jellies, lizardmen, ghouls etc. One of the creatures I decided to add to Monster Summoning 1,just as a joke, was the Vorpal Squirrel (vorsquir.cre). (No idea why this is in BG2, presumably a Bioware employee added it as a joke) I assumed that since it only has 2HP according to Infinity Explorer, it wouldn't do much.. well, having just started Chapter 8 (ToB) I'm fighting a battle with some Fire Giants and their minions, and had my thief-mage cast Monster Summoning.. 5 Vorpal Squirrels appeared and they proceeded to demolish the entire army, giants and all! They are permanently hasted, have about 4 attacks per round doing 20-25 damage, and knock enemies unconscious when they hit them. Despite only having 2HP, only two of them died in the battle.
It was absolutely hilarious, seeing the towering giants decimated by the killer squirrel horde.
I think I'd better remove them from Monster Summoning I, they're a bit too powerful for a Level 3 spell.. perhaps create a level-8 or so Vorpal Squirrel Summoning spell?
Old 09-07-2001, 05:36 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Lol!!!
I would like to have that!

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth
Old 09-07-2001, 05:50 PM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

Keep up the good work and put the program so that people can download it. I'm quite bored of having ettercaps and ogres appear only!

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Drawde1
The Magister

I'll hopefully upload the spell effects pack and the improved monster/animal summoning to the Baldurdash website in a few days.
If I remember correctly this is the new summoning list -
1 - Goblins,Xvarts,Gibberlings,Kobolds,Worgs,Ogrillons ,Spiders
2 - Gnolls,Dire Wolves,Hobgoblins,Ogres,Ghasts,Ghouls,Orcs,Lizardm en,Giant Spiders
3 - Ettercaps, Ogre Berserkers,Orogs,Mustard Jellies,Vampiric Wolves,Phase Spiders

The summoning lists are stored in the MONSUM01-03.2DA files. To make vorpal squirrels summonable just extract one and add VORSQUIR to the end..