Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-06-2004, 08:11 PM   #31
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I was't talking about those, I was talking about Hungary. Anyway, like I said, I agree that communism looks good on paper but it simply doesnt work because, well because we're human.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:07 AM   #32
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

If i'm not mistaken hungary was once part of USSR (EDIT: maybe I souldent have said that? didden't mean to offend)? Though history is not my strongest subject.

But I agree, that dosen't matter. I don't however agree that "comunistic" dictatorships faliures can be solely explaned by the fact that were human.

money and materialistic rewards are not the only way to motivate people. But you have to have a good gouverment and stable country to do so, atleast on a national level.

That being said, I'm not pro comunism, I do however think that many countries/populations would do alot better if they were a bit more to the left.

[ 06-07-2004, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: bjorn ]
Old 06-07-2004, 06:20 AM   #33
Epona
Zartan

Am I the only one who thinks that, while Kitten was quite plainly a bit bonkers, she at least made BB worth watching if just to see what would happen next.

I'm really not interested in watching it just to see if I can catch a glimpse of Stuart and Michelle going at it [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2004, 06:59 AM   #34
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
If i'm not mistaken hungary was part of USSR?
Oooooh.... Vasky is gonna love that one.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:11 AM   #35
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

I just looked it up and I'm sorry, i was wrong about that.

I was going to try to explain why i confused it but i dont think it would make any sence.

I hope I didden't offend anyone.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:35 AM   #36
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Is this the Kitten you're talking about?

???

You still haven't explained what she has done (other than the offensive haircut and relatively homely appearance ). Did she try to kill someone or something like that (they actually had an experience similar to that on the American version of the show)?

If it is just based on appearance, I need to introduce you to the American Big Brother 3. On there was a fat, ugly, middle aged school teacher named Gerry. Gerry would walk around a lot without his shirt on, and it was not a pretty sight. He would also go to the bathroom, not wash his hands, then prepare dinner for the house. [img]graemlins/repuke.gif[/img] He didn't win, but unless this Kitty has done worse than that I really can't see the complaints.

Then again, I haven't seen your version of the show, so maybe I am being naive.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, Gerry was the first to use the Veto too. MAN, remember what an ass Josh was to him? Called him Nazi and crap? Josh was then put up on the block, and got bad cramps because he was nervous, and had bad gas. nasty, nasty guy.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-07-2004, 07:40 AM   #37
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
If i'm not mistaken hungary was part of USSR?
Oooooh.... Vasky is gonna love that one. [/QUOTE]Not only him.

Actually for those who don't know Hungary was just occupied by soviet forces for just a bit more than 50 years. And they decided everything in the country's politics. So Hungary did not want communism, we just got unlucky that it was the russians who "liberated" us from the nazis.

Old 06-07-2004, 07:48 AM   #38
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Yeah, Gerry was the first to use the Veto too. MAN, remember what an ass Josh was to him? Called him Nazi and crap? Josh was then put up on the block, and got bad cramps because he was nervous, and had bad gas. nasty, nasty guy.
They always seem to have one really nasty one on there. But the all time winner for me was Will the season before. He pretty much told them right out "I'm going to stab you in the back right now" and then they would be surprised when he did it. Everyone started out hating Will, then by the end he was the most popular one out of everyone, mostly because he was straight honest about not caring about anyone but himself and the other houseguests were dumb enough to trust him over and over again.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-07-2004, 07:49 AM   #39
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

yes...

no country nor population wants to be occupied, no matter which gouvermental system you force upon someone its never gonna work. Which is why i don't feel its entierly valid as an example of comunism.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:02 AM   #40
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by bjorn:
I just looked it up and I'm sorry, i was wrong about that.

I was going to try to explain why i confused it but i dont think it would make any sence.

I hope I didden't offend anyone.
Just don't make the mistake of telling people that Goulash is a Polish recipe.