Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 10:31 AM   #11
MagiK

The theory that dividing Texas into seperate states (however many) would bring a more responsive government really underestimates just how foolish and innefficient government can be. If you increase the beauracracy by 6 times, you multiply the number of civil servents by at least a factor of 12, you also decrease the actuall amount of work acccomplished by a factor of 6, so costs soar, output approaches zero and you effectively turn Texas into a blackhole.

Bet I could do a thesis on that

Edit: If Texas becomes a blackhole, please suck in Louisiana and Arkansas [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-04-2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 11-04-2002, 12:52 PM   #12
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Do I detect a sense of sarcasm or maybe even a slur upon the native wit of my fellow Texans? The major reason that I see for dividing Texas is that it will annoy Timber Loftis and Magik. In all the new state constitutions we could make it mandatory for all politicians to wear 10 gallon hats and say "Howdy pardner.". Since we don't have gun control we would be able to "thin the herd" so that Magik wouldn't have to worry about a bloated beuracracy. In keeping with the American tradition of creative naming in states and cities the new names would obviously be.... North Texas, West Texas, East Texas, Central Texas, New and Improved Mexico, and Yankees stay the hell out of this Texas.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:52 PM   #13
Charean
Hathor

No WAY am I going to deal with Arkansas on a regular basis!!! EEEEYYYYEEEWWW!!!

Been there too many times. One time in Little Rock I saw more drug deals with guns than I did in Southeast DC!! And THAT is saying something!!!
Old 11-04-2002, 12:55 PM   #14
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Do I detect a sense of sarcasm or maybe even a slur upon the native wit of my fellow Texans? The major reason that I see for dividing Texas is that it will annoy Timber Loftis and Magik. In all the new state constitutions we could make it mandatory for all politicians to wear 10 gallon hats and say "Howdy pardner.". Since we don't have gun control we would be able to "thin the herd" so that Magik wouldn't have to worry about a bloated beuracracy. In keeping with the American tradition of creative naming in states and cities the new names would obviously be.... North Texas, West Texas, East Texas, Central Texas, New and Improved Mexico, and Yankees stay the hell out of this Texas.
LoL no Texas dividing wouldn't annoy me [img]smile.gif[/img] I was just being whimsical [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2002, 12:59 PM   #15
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I was just teasing you Magik. I was hoping you'd respond to my thin the herd arguement. You just get rid of the weak-minded and sick/twisted politicians. If that isn't an incentive for honest government I don't know what is.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
I was just teasing you Magik. I was hoping you'd respond to my thin the herd arguement. You just get rid of the weak-minded and sick/twisted politicians. If that isn't an incentive for honest government I don't know what is.
Wasn't much to add to that thread [img]smile.gif[/img] It is so eloquently summed up by the Darwin Awards [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2002, 01:22 PM   #17
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

You mean Texas is just one state?

[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

Hey, does Texas call it's JUNIOR senator J.R.?

[ 11-04-2002, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-04-2002, 01:45 PM   #18
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Yes Ronn, Texas is only one state. I realize that it overwhelms the rest of the US in importance, so I understand your thinking that there is more than one.
In response to your question the junior senator is indeed called J R. However that term applies to the shorter of the 2 senators and isn't based on length of tenure.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:39 PM   #19
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Is it true that all texans wear big hats and say YEHAAA like they do on Tv? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

J/k
Old 11-04-2002, 05:14 PM   #20
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm sorry to tell you Beau, that what happens on TV just ain't so. We only say YEEEEHAAH when we have our hats off or when wearing "gimmie caps". However in both cases boots must be worn; unless you are showering wearing a gimmie hat and then boots are optional.