Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 09:50 AM   #131
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Okay, but then what CAN I eat? I can hardly open my mouth! I'm not sure if my gums are still bleeding, my cheek is to swollen for me to check...
Old 10-24-2001, 09:52 AM   #132
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Do you have yougurt or some soup ? Soft thing's that require little
chewing. Sorry yougurt is a dairy product, I think. Why wont
they let you have any dairy products ?

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-24-2001, 09:58 AM   #133
Kaz

I think they're afraid that the bacteria gets into the wound. Could be unpleasant, I guess. I"m not allowed to eat bananas or things with a pulpy, porridgelike consistence either.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:05 AM   #134
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Looks like you're going to have to settle for broth, then. And jello.

I agree with Elif, too - DON'T use a straw! They told me when I had mine out that it's because when you suck on the straw, you cause air pressure in the mouth and that can keep the gums bleeding. The pressure can re-open the wound.

I am SO sorry that you (and your family) have such problems. I guess they won't consider just putting you under anesthesia, will they? With your family's resistance to pain killers, you may also have resistance to that as well. But I'd at least ask. That way, they could finish them all at one time.

If I can think of other things for you to eat, I'll post back. For now, gotta get some work done.

*hugs Kaz, gently again*

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-24-2001, 10:11 AM   #135
Kaz

My mom told me that the problem with anaesthesia was that they basically had to poison your body so you wouldn't wake up even if it hurt. That can affect your circulatory system, and since mine isn't that great anyway... I don't think it's possible, but I'd really prefer it. rather than have to go through THAT again... maybe if we had some very very thin soup I could eat (drink) it...
Old 10-24-2001, 10:13 AM   #136
Kaz

Okay, leaving for a bit (again ) this hurts... somehow when I sit in my comfy chair and try to fall asleep, it gets better, but as soon as I start posting at IW, it gets worse! Strange...?

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-24-2001, 10:14 AM   #137
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Boulion cubes in water with some pureed celery and carrot's
could do the trick. very pulpy but easy to swallow and nutritous.
Use either chicken or beef. or usr soy sauce or teritaki.
mix with about a cup and a half of water boil let cool then serve

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-24-2001, 10:17 AM   #138
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Kaz, I went through something similiar years ago. I had an impacted wisdom tooth. It was growing sideways. After the operation, they put dissolving stitches in my mouth and told me to suck on a tea bag to stop the bleeding. I know that they advised not drinking anything too hot, so I ate lukewarm soup for sustanance. I agree with the people who said to keep it moist. I always was sipping on some water or juice.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the pain. I was lucky enough to be on pain medications. If I were there in person, I would probably stomp on your foot so you would be distracted for a second.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-24-2001, 10:39 AM   #139
Kaz

OK, I'm back. Like I said, whenever I sit down and relax, the pain almost goes away, but whenever I start posting it comes back. Why?
I'm not allowed to eat pulpy stuff either, like I said I'll see if we have some soup.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:41 AM   #140
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Hey, Kaz! I thought of something!!!! Fruit smoothies!!!!

It's basically fruit and ice in a blender!!!

Also, to help the pain and swelling you can TRY holding some ice chips in your mouth - NOT on your extraction area - but in your mouth. IF you can stand the cold, it will help numb the pain and reduce the inflammation.

Also, are you allowed to take anything other than the pain killers? You could try something like Ibuprofen which CAN reduce swelling. You could also try feverfew and willow bark if you can get some. They are NATURAL pain killers and your body might not reject those.

Just some more ideas I'm kicking out here for you to consider.

Otherwise - get someone to try Hiram's idea. (My dad used to threaten me thusly when I complained of some ache or pain. )