Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 06:10 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Time to break out the bag of tricks! List the crazy(stupid) things you did when you were younger for halloween pranks. I was always the industrious building type. Always trying to make the better mouse trap. So if you're wondering what to do with those leftover firecrackers from the fourth of july, look no further!

Here's how I made, The egg mortar!

-Get a length of pvc pipe about the diameter of an egg, and a cap for the pipe.
-Two small nuts and bolts that will go all the way through the diameter of the pipe.
-something to support the mortar and make a backstop (bricks worked)
-Ammo! (eggs and paper wadding)
-Charges! (firecrackers)

steps

1. Cap the pipe.
2. Drill a hole the diameter of a firecracker a little above the cap on the pipe.
3. Drill and put the bolts in an "X" pattern an little above the firecracker hole.

It's ready!

Pack some wadding and an egg down the pipe. The bolts will stop the egg. Prop the mortar up and place something behind it. Place firecracker in hole, Light fuse and stand back.

To get more power, put non-flammable items behind the cap to make the combustion chamber smaller. The wadding is also key to the eggs distance.

DISCLAIMER:

This is a STUPID trick using items for purposes which they were never intended. The pipe could potentially explode, sending fragments of plastic into eyes or other tender spots. DO NOT TRY THIS. Even with proper safety glasses and gloves you could get injured. If something had happened to me, I wouldn't have blamed you for my stupidity, don't blame me for yours.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-16-2001, 06:11 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Someone I know once made an orange launcher, quite powerful, used compressed air for charging and oranges for ammo.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:31 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well I guess I've done the usual toilet papering houses, using soap on car windows, maybe a pumpkin smashing or two for hated neighbors years back. Anyway heres a Halloween joke- What do rednecks do on Halloween?.......Pump-kin!
Old 10-16-2001, 06:34 PM   #4
Neb

I've gotta move to America, just for the fun of Halloween.

(Though sadly I won't escape the dreaded Flood-Control by moving to America.)
Old 10-16-2001, 06:38 PM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Lord of Alchohol...ROFLMAO

That's a classic!

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:41 PM   #6
Moni

We had it pretty easy for pranks at Halloween...our mom was "the town witch" in a small town and kids were afraid to Trick-or-Treat at our house.
Our house was dark grey and our yard was surrounded by large trees and a large, thick, thorn filled hedge, making it even spookier at night.
We didn't get many Trick-or-Treaters, but when we did, we usually scared the pants off of them LOL.
One of us would dress in a sheet, wrapped tightly around our face, with white make up covering our face and hands. We would add "Alice Cooper"-like lines down the sides of our mouth with eye-liner and a lot of dark make-up under our eyes. That ugly blue eye-shadow came in great for "blush" on our cheeks, giving us an even greater look of being dead.
You could not see our door from our street or even our driveway so kids had to come up a sidewalk (off to the side of the driveway) past the towering trees and bushes that edged the house. Once they reached a place where they could turn to see the porch, there was the ghost, lit up by a black-light to make us even scarier.
Not many were brave enough to approach "The Ghost" and collect any candy.
I've seen kids drop their bags of candy and run away screaming, too scared to come back and get their goodies. I kind of felt bad about it but then, it was Halloween and it was all done in fun right?

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-16-2001).]

Old 10-16-2001, 06:48 PM   #7
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
What do rednecks do on Halloween?.......
Being a southern belle I may just take offense in that... Be wary, I'm in high standing amongst the G.R.I.T.S.

------------------
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
Old 10-16-2001, 06:50 PM   #8
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
We had it pretty easy for pranks at Halloween...our mom was "the town witch" in a small town and kids were afraid to Trick-or-Treat at our house.
Our house was dark grey and our yard was surrounded by large trees and a large, thick, thorn filled hedge, making it even spookier at night.
We didn't get many Trick-or-Treaters, but when we did, we usually scared the pants off of them LOL.
One of us would dress in a sheet, wrapped tightly around our face, with white make up covering our face and hands. We would add "Alice Cooper"-like lines down the sides of our mouth with eye-liner and a lot of dark make-up under our eyes. That ugly blue eye-shadow came in great for "blush" on our cheeks, giving us an even greater look of being dead.
You could not see our door from our street or even our driveway so kids had to come up a sidewalk (off to the side of the driveway) past the towering trees and bushes that edged the house. Once they reached a place where they could turn to see the porch, there was the ghost, lit up by a black-light to make us even scarier.
Not many were brave enough to approach "The Ghost" and collect any candy.
I've seen kids drop their bags of candy and run away screaming, too scared to come back and get their goodies. I kind of felt bad about it but then, it was Halloween and it was all done in fun right?

That settles it, I'm moving to America someday, this Halloween thing sounds like TOO much fun to pass up.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:52 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm, i dont really go for pranks, i tend to go for out and out raiding! i think that this year i'm just gonna jump lone trick or treaters with a fake knife and say 'your candy or your life!' or something like that. or just cut the handle off their bag of candy and run off with it... at least, i like to think i would. probably wouldnt... fun to think about it though!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-16-2001, 06:56 PM   #10
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
'your candy or your life!

Hmmmm... One year I had a broken toe, I wore a cheerleading outfit (shudder, that's scary enough eh?) and passed out candy. Except I had on vampire teeth... It was worth it when the mother with small balarina toddler walked up saying "Oh look! It's a cheerleader!" Then I turned around, the kid cowered. "Oh... It's a scary cheerleader." That made it all worth it. Then there was the sign that said "Will give candy for blood."

------------------
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."