Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-15-2001, 05:15 PM   #1
Istaron
Banned User

Why does it have to be so damn ugly

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-15-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
roninwalsh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you get ToB they fixed it so the robe should look cooler, with cape metalic green trim, racing stripes, But the robe kicks sooo much ass who cares what it looks like. Stick it on Aerie it'll speed up her Cleric spells as well.
Old 08-15-2001, 05:45 PM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

I have ToB, it looks even worse
The only robe looking good is those of Archmagi.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-15-2001, 05:53 PM   #4
roninwalsh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know, maybe it depends on when you buy it, The First time I got it I picked it up in Ch1 and it looked like one of the wimpy single protection robes, recently I bought it in Ch4 and it looked like a travellers robe with metalic green aspects. But like I said I stuck it on Aerie.
Old 08-15-2001, 06:02 PM   #5
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

download somthing from www.Baulderdash.com and it will change
Old 08-15-2001, 06:03 PM   #6
Rikard

if you are interested i changed the look of the robe into that of the knave's robe (don't like the cap that Archmagi gives you) if you have shadowkeeper you can buy the robe that use shadowkeeper to change the one you bought with the one i can give you if you want

------------------

Old 08-15-2001, 07:09 PM   #7
trux

There is a patch you can download from Baldurdash (http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/) that can fix this.

I really don't like the way any robes in BG look on humans (especially human females,) but they usually look pretty good on elves.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
if you are interested i changed the look of the robe into that of the knave's robe (don't like the cap that Archmagi gives you) if you have shadowkeeper you can buy the robe that use shadowkeeper to change the one you bought with the one i can give you if you want
Rikard - does your new robe affect ToB in any negative way? I'm assuming it's similar in nature to the patch from Baldurdash, and some of those caused problems with ToB.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-15-2001, 07:11 PM   #8
Vanyel
Dungeon Master

Which robe? and where do I find it? I've never even heard of this one before.

------------------
Hey Big Bird!!
It's time for the counter game!!

Count The Shells,
Suck-A-Duck!

~General of the Dark Overlord's Army of Darkness~
Old 08-15-2001, 07:18 PM   #9
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanyel:
Which robe? and where do I find it? I've never even heard of this one before.

The Robes of Vecna can be bought from one of the bonus merchants in the some special edition of BGII released ("special edition" release = more $ for Bioware.) For those of us who didn't buy this version, you can get these bonus merchants through a patch on the internet. I believe it's the added merchant in the Copper Coronet that has the robes, but I could be wrong.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-15-2001, 09:36 PM   #10
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

you all telling me I'm the only one who actually likes the way the Robe of Vecna looks?
ok, it's not Bladesinger Chain but I just love those shiny red and green surfaces and when combined with the Staff of the Magi it's just... well... pretty colors.