Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-14-2001, 09:21 PM   #1
Vanyel
Dungeon Master

Aerie ( I think ) is a mage/cleric correct. Can she learn the summon fire elemental spell the Jehira (spelled wrong) uses so nicely? I can't seem to get her to learn it yet. ASLO What happens if you free that bard guy, but don't take him into your party? can you still go do his quest?

------------------
Hey Big Bird!!
It's time for the counter game!!

Count The Shells,
Suck-A-Duck!

~General of the Dark Overlord's Army of Darkness~
Old 08-14-2001, 09:39 PM   #2
trux

Yes, Aerie is a mage/cleric, and yes she can learn the fire elemental spell, but prolly not the one Jaheira learns. Aerie, being a mage, can learn the Conjure Fire/Earth/Air Elemental spell. There are some spells Jaheira learns because she's a druid, which a normal cleric would never learn. I'm not sure where the "summon" fire elemental spell fits into.

Secondly, you can free Haer'dalis (the bard guy) and not take him into your party, while still being able to do his quest. Just return to where you first got his quest and he'll be waiting there with the other members of the bard troupe.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-14-2001, 09:42 PM   #3
roninwalsh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aerie can't get the same spell that JAheria gets because Jaheria's spell is Druid and Aerie is a cleric, However there is a high level mage spell that is summon fire elemental so yes she can get the spell. Yes you can do the bard quest without him joining, but you may want him to join there are some interesting story twists involving aerie.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:58 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Just a thing about Haer'Dalis that prevented me from finishing the first time through:
If you free him from Mekrath's lair, and have the stone he's looking for and all but do NOT accept him back into your party, he says he will return the stone to the troupe, and you can find him there later. BUT when I returned, he was nowhere to be found, and the theatre was empty, and thus I was unable to continue the quest into the astral prison.
If you DO accept him, and accompany him to the theatre, you will see why this is so: he and the troupe gets captured, and if you were'nt around to witness it, you wouldnt have an idea what happened to him.
So if you want to do his quest (its worth it), just accompany him back, and then go back and pickup the character u dropped for him. You dont need him after you complete the quest.

------------------
Why?
Old 08-15-2001, 03:43 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm, that's a bit of a bug I think, though it does make sense. The scripting worked out too well for that one.

The key then is to free him first, then find the stone, then he won't go missing even if you don't take him into the party.

------------------