Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-14-2001, 01:54 PM   #1
Zaragoth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bah! Why do people think about who´s best and who´s strongest etc. !??!
Why don´t y´all just play with what´s funny, instead of telling other´s that "my mage is best!" "Mages rules!" "Monks are better!"...
It´s pointless!! Why bother!? Play with what you think is funniest to play, and please stop telling us others that your particular character is the best! ( I know, I´ve done the same my self - I just thought of this now )
Well, it´s hard to get this message through, but this is just about what I mean.
Anyways, keep playing - And have fun.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:13 PM   #2
Cleric 2
Manshoon

youre right, but
what for a character would rather have

a person whit anything on 9, ou all on 25?
Old 08-14-2001, 05:14 PM   #3
Starkiller
The Magister

Funny is good in moderation, but it is fun to have powerful characters, and to advance. It is in the natural competetive nature of mankind. Theres nothing wrong with a little healthy gloating now and then, its part of what makes these games fun.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-14-2001, 07:09 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Yeah I understand what you mean and all but everyone gets kicks out of different things. People get suckered into bad choices every day in rl. Its nice to think when you drive your lemon car home you can kick back and relax knowing that you created a good character in BG II hehe. I do agree though that funny is good. Actually I have been trying to experiment with some of the other NPCs. Its rough to not have the real fun NPCs like Jan and Minsc though which doesn't leave alot of slots to experiment with.
Old 08-15-2001, 06:23 AM   #5
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

I said before, the most enjoyable part of BG 1 for me personally was the fact that I played with a character I got on the first roll (rather like they were born rather than manufactured, if you get my drift). Rerolling for hours to get high stats is ridiculous and people boasting about power characters are merely demonstrating their willingness to spend ages creating a godlike character. There is very little skill involved when your stats are incredibly high..