Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 12:03 AM   #1
Shia

Ok you get the arms and torso. the last part is back in docks district

Go down to the row of houses where Cromwell and the tavern is. I "think" its the first house along there and enter it.
Fight of the beasties and go downstairs and you find yet anther grave just like the other 2.

I havnt been able to finish this yet but so far I have got as far as..

Go up to stone, Lich Skull talks to you. I tried various combinations and depending on your answer he either threatens you with all sorts of nasties and nothing happens (normally if you tell him you wont help) OR.
He grabs his arms and torso and emerges from his tomb ready to Kick ASS!!

He does the usual lich stuff.. Time stop etc. Summons a few nasties then after a bit of a battle of laying into him he finally dies BUT!!!
HE turns around and says he is just stronger than ever and turns into a floating skull.
From here on in he just vanishes your party and you one by one and nothing I have thrown at him will kill him yet GRRRR!!!
He gives a hint that only something equal to him can kill him, but I havnt found what yet. Wondering if becoming the slayer may help???

Well thats as far as I got folks, any ideas on how to kill this SOB?? answers here....

SHIA

Old 02-02-2001, 08:17 AM   #2
Kathos

ive found a load of goldon body parts when fighting liches...what do i do with them...i dont have the head yet.
oh, somehow the pommel gem of the equalizer has gone missing..do i need to search for it?

Old 02-02-2001, 08:21 AM   #3
fighter-thief

sa for the golden parts i never done that but for the pommel did you summone any thing ? i have heard that Nishruue [god i dont know how to spell that]may have something with magical item disaepering hope this helps

Old 02-02-2001, 01:49 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The demi-lich.....here are a few tips:
1) Have berserker(s) in your party, usually mean Korgan and maybe the protagonist, as soon as you best the lich and right after he does his little transformation...."enrage" and charge at it with any +4 or better weapons. He takes little damage each time so KEEP hacking at him!! Eventually you will have your trophy.
2) (a very risky way, if no berserker)The demi-lich only focus on one target at a time, hopefully your party members(druids, mages, clerics) can summon tons of creatures and can summon them as fast as the lich cast his imprisonment, and hopefully the lich is busy with the summon creatures so your fighter can hack away with weapon like Crom Faeyr or Warblade.....or Holy Avenger if you have a paladin. Yes, it did work for me in one of my earlier games.....after like 6 reloads.
3) Others on the board have mentioned about traps, but since I never use the trap abilities of my thieves I cannot really comment on that.
4) Summon fire elemental, cast protection from magic on it and let it go to work (provided you party members are out of sight of the lich).
5) As support, spells such as false dawn, sunray, bolt of glory, holy smite ... etc also work well, I am not sure if the protection from undead will work but it is also worth a try on your party members.
These a just a few of the many ways to destroy the demi-lich, try to search through the forum.