Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-17-2003, 09:32 AM   #1
allstargoaly
Dungeon Master

Edit:THIS TOPIC MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS
What would you say is the hardest boss to face in the game. Just how about the toughest strongest most evil monster in the game. Nessie (she is tough!!!), Gregor, Dark Savant, Rapax Prince, Crock; just to name a few. It could depend on what level you are on when you fight them, their little quirks (like casting certain spells or their really high speed), or maybe just someone annoying. The true question is, in your honest oppinion which Boss is the hardest to face?

After you answer that... how about the hardest type of random monster in the game (unicorns, brother rays, slimes, rapax, etc.). What monster do you basically hate to fight in a random encounter???

LET'S HEAR IT...

[ 10-17-2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: allstargoaly ]
Old 10-17-2003, 11:45 AM   #2
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Add a spoiler alert please [img]smile.gif[/img]

For me is Nessie. She is ****. I am level 18 now and still afraid of her.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:59 PM   #3
Starfire
The Magister

Without a doubt in the southeast wilderness, the sorceress queen and her cohorts are always the toughest for me and the most annoying random encounters for me are any variety of spewing plants and the juggernauts. The plants are annoying because their thorns have so many really annoying status ailments and the juggernauts have tough hides and unless you have one of the really great weapons it's like needles pricking their skin. The juggernauts are tough to beat unless you're say around level 18 or higher and don't yield much XP's for beating them.
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:29 PM   #4
Halsey
Dungeon Master

Toughest has got to be the Souleater on AP - It's insanity and turncoat burn through even the toughest anti-magic. Unicorns (Crystal, and otherwise) are a great aggravation since one stays and the others run away (casting spells as they go)
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #5
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

I'd say it's a tie between Nessie and the Souleater (I've always reloaded at least several times).I actually find the Savant a challenge because I ussually face him at level 21 or 22. He's got some nasty spells (nuclar blast has always killed my Mage)and is hard to damage (I don't know what I would do without armor melt). I never found Crock hard, though.

[ 10-17-2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 10-17-2003, 09:01 PM   #6
Kasura
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nessie kicked my butt at 14ish, but went down easily at 19ish.

Hardest for me was probably the Djinn's party of friends - the rest of the boss fights - Savant, Gregor, Sedexus, were very easy - difficulty normal.

The key was L7 Soul Shield + L4-5 Element Shield and L7 Screen, Armorplate, Blade, Missile. Only lost a person 2x to the Deathstings - I ended up selling off most of the Res Powders I found.

I think I was just lucky with my party makeup.
Kasura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 10:12 PM   #7
Rezdude03
Manshoon

the rapax prince is really hard. so is pee-wee if you desiide to fight him (it).

death lords (is that what they're called) are really tough as well.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:39 AM   #8
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

For me:
Spoiler
NPC (hard to say I have two )

Rapax Prince and Nebdar ( if you reach her with a too low level )

Others :

Unicorns of all kinds( not because they are tough but they always run away immediatly after they made you insane in the first turn so you need much time to fight them and therefore I usually ignore them now )
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:34 AM   #9
the mighty stamar

The toughest single creature is soul eater.

The toughest fight is the sorceress queen by far. Took me about 20 times, and a serious game plan.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 02:59 AM   #10
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello Mighty Stamar,

you're right. Souleater is a very hard enemy ( I forgot him, because I reached AP only two times in about 16 months of gameplay )
I read many posts about the problems with the Sorceress Queen. It's right you need a long time but IMHO it can be very easy. Maybe I start a topic about that

Greetings

[ 10-18-2003, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote