Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 11-22-2001, 04:36 AM   #1
dominions
Elminster

Hi all!

Has anyone else read the Many Coloured Land by Julian May(?)?

What did you think. How easy did you find it to read?
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 04:42 AM   #2
YeRFDoG
The Magister

I read it and found it fairly easy to read - but i have read another series by her (Galactic Milieu) so i knew all about the 'world'.
I liked it, but not nearly as much as a good fantasy (ie LoTR, which i read after it)
I think the book is rather slow-moving at the start but when it builds up it's quite good, same with the sequel, The Golden Torc.
I haven't read the other two books in the series yet......
Have you?
Old 11-22-2001, 08:51 AM   #3
dominions
Elminster

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YeRFDoG:
I read it and found it fairly easy to read - but i have read another series by her (Galactic Milieu) so i knew all about the 'world'.
I liked it, but not nearly as much as a good fantasy (ie LoTR, which i read after it)
I think the book is rather slow-moving at the start but when it builds up it's quite good, same with the sequel, The Golden Torc.
I haven't read the other two books in the series yet......
Have you?
<hr></blockquote>

I've read those two and am almost all the way through the next one (The Unborn King).
I didn't know about the Galactic Milieu. Hmmm, I might see if it's still available.
Thanks!
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
YeRFDoG
The Magister

It should be, it's newer. Also u could get it second hand, like i did [img]tongue.gif[/img]