Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2002, 05:23 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I exported my single mission character, created a mod with the adamantine, imported him, and he picked it up.

How do I get him back into my saved game? Do I somehow make my save into a mod temporarily or something? Help!

[ 10-12-2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-08-2002, 05:45 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ron - it's easy enough for him to start that chapter (ie new game, select chapter, premade character), but I don't know how to get him to pick up exactly from where you left off if half way through. I was looking at this yesterday, as I am trying to get a level 5/6 character with enough gold and stuff to play a multi.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:23 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

That's a bummer because I'm getting ready to end the first chapter. I needed the adamantine to upgrade the weapon I wanted because, not realizing how limited the supply was, I upgraded something just to sell it. I don't want to start the chapter over, but if I wait until the second chapter the smith won't be accessable.

So, back to my original question. Any idea how to create items using debugmode? Anyone know the code for adamantine? Is this possible? Or did my dwarven greed get the best of me....
Old 10-09-2002, 09:44 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I exported my single mission character, created a mod with the adamantine, imported him, and he picked it up.

How do I get him back into my saved game? Do I somehow make my save into a mod temporarily or something? Help!
Open your game in Multiplayer, which will allow you to import the version of your character which has the adamantite. Then save it as a singleplayer game again if you want (or you can keep it as multi - there is no difference between single and multi games in NWN, they are interchangeable).

One known bug (don't know if the latest patches have fixed this): if you have a henchman and you import a new character your henchman may go hostile on you. Better to drop your henchman before you make the switch. See how you go. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 10:26 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I've never played a multiplayer game. When I start a multiplayer game, it takes me to login, then I have a choice between a lan or server game. Do I choose lan?

Sorry if this seems silly, but I can't figure it out. I remember doing what your talking about in BG single to multi games, but I don't see how to do it here.

[ 10-09-2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-09-2002, 11:24 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I've never played a multiplayer game. When I start a multiplayer game, it takes me to login, then I have a choice between a lan or server game. Do I choose lan?

Sorry if this seems silly, but I can't figure it out. I remember doing what your talking about in BG single to multi games, but I don't see how to do it here.
Just choose Load Server game (the second one in the Multi List), then load your Singleplayer game using your character version which has the adamantite. When it tells you that a copy of your character already exists in the savegame and gives you the option of using either the one in the savegame or the one you are importing, choose the one you are importing, since that one has the adamantite. Then save the game under a new name, exit, and reopen it as a Singleplayer game (you don't strictly have to do this, but if you're strictly playing singleplayer then you may as well do it properly).

[ 10-09-2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 11:37 AM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I knew the big M would come through for me! I hope Davros checks back; he was looking for the answer, too.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
I knew the big M would come through for me! I hope Davros checks back; he was looking for the answer, too.
I thought the flaming geenie would have the answer - now if I can just get him to eat this herring with melted swiss cheese
Old 10-09-2002, 08:13 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Unfortunately, while this gets the character with the "goods" back into the game at the right spot, I can't pick up my henchmen. They say they're working for someone else and they're not interested.

I dropped my henchman before exporting my character, too. Well, not the first time, but after all the other henchmen killed my current henchman(who said they worked for someone else) and then did battle with the nurses in the Hall of Justice, I figured that wasn't quite right.

Even after dropping my henchman and then exporting my character and going throught the correct process, I get the guy with the goods, but he can't pick up any henchmen because they say the work for someone else(I still have all their items).

Any ideas?

[ 10-09-2002, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-10-2002, 05:38 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmmm - well if you are right at the end of chapter 1, try going into chapter 2 and seeing if things reset themselves with the change of chapter. Just do that to see if they are all there and available for hire (you would find out about 30 secs after you arive.