Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Worried MotB Fragmented Soul: Not in Inventory. Help!

I have all the patches for Mask of the Betrayer. Upon completing the Mephit Puzzle at the Academy Proteus discusses the fact that I have it. The Journal states that I have it. But nowhere is the Fragmented Soul in my inventory or any party member's inventory. This puzzle was completed early in this chapter.

I have completed all other things that can be done at this point. When I went to the door in the Headmistress' Tower the game said I was still missing an orb -- the Fragmented one.

So I searched for DebugMode Commands and Thieves.net said nx1_e_orb_fragmented should place it in my inventory. The problem is it doesn't work. It is not recognized as legitimate.

Now I do save many times throughout the game but as I said this puzzle was tackled earlier and I don't have a save far enough back.

Anyone have a command or overrride in order for me to move on? If not I won't be starting over -- too many hours invested already.

Thanks!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: MotB Fragmented Soul: Not in Inventory. Help!

No, but I would definately take it to the official forums for more help. That cheat may have been changed to something else or, more importantly, there should be some kind of cheat workaround for you to use, that may further the storyline a little so you can move on. Trust me, you will find some way to get passed this. Even if it involves editing the OC and actually placing the item on the floor (but do it only as instructed by the experts as you could break your game!). It is a great OC, one which I remember fondly, so don't give up too soon!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thanks SW for your reply. I've heard Bioware via EA is now archiving the forums. I hope there is still official help.

Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Let us know if you sort it. GL.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Now this is weird. I went back through the previous saved games I had and the pedastal that was to house the framented soul was not there. Then I reloaded my latest save and lo and behold there was the pedastal. Why? I haven't a clue.

Talk about a game glitch. What really threw everything off was how my journal said I had it and yet I didn't. Anyway, I was able to move on and finish the game.

Thanks Spirit Warrior.