Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-19-2000, 10:16 PM   #1
mack attack

Hello all people. I know there is some posts that refer to my question but I am still woundering when some people have done some of the side quest's. I am in chap 3 and have finished the grave yard and I play a theif so I now have the guild for my biding. But when is it a good time to go to the hills and what about the sewers and the quest with the cult dudes. What was some of the quest that you did by chapter 3. Is it to early to go to windspear. My theif is level 13. Any insite to this matter will be very thankful. Jeepers there is so many quests to do but I like it .

Old 12-20-2000, 12:35 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

By ch 6 you should be able to kill Firkraag by yourself too. Much better for the ego.
Old 12-20-2000, 07:36 AM   #3
Armisael

For the first part of the game, I just do the quests as I get them. Then I go looking for the ones that don't come to you. I prefer to finish everything off before the end of chapter three (when you leave Athkatla for a while). If you wait until chapter six and do the sidequests after you've levelled up a bit, they can be harder, usually in that the game tends to dump a lot more liches in your road (argh).

Old 12-20-2000, 11:44 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

But the Lichs(?) are so much fun!!! Once you get into chapter 6, they aren't all that bad, at chapter 3, they are a pain, but you have better equip by 6, so what the hey. I generally save some of the harder stuff for 6, like killing Firkraag, but that's so i have added Mage support.
Old 12-20-2000, 03:32 PM   #5
mack attack

thanks for the info I am going onto the driud grove right now. Then I guess do the dijni thing afterwards. I have not seen any lich yet can't wait to kill one of them. What lv where you when you entered windspear hills. I fear that area until the mages get a little higher level to cast some spells that may help against dragon or maybe i will not need to yeah right lol. Do you know where to find the string for the bow. The one from the tanners place. Sounds like it could be a nice little weapon. Anyways thanks for the info.

Old 12-20-2000, 04:32 PM   #6
Dariel the Elfin

I am going to tell about string to that nice bow, so if somebody thinks it is a spoiler, please, please, do not read further...
So...
This string may be found in Asylum, and it is guarded by three Gley Golems . But that bow is well worth all the troubles.

As for Liches... I really do not like them. I am 16th lv Wizard Slayer now and they still troubles me .

WindspearHills has some not very pleasant creatures to fight, so I would not go there with 13th lv. But I am only a weak female, so do not listen me . I believe all that Windspear's monsters will not survive your meeting, no matter what level you 'll be .

P.S. Please, excuse my poor English...

Old 12-20-2000, 04:53 PM   #7
Jon the Hell Caster

Dariel, I know someone who has a site in which they have increased the powers of Wizard Slayers. Its at http://drizzt1180.homestead.com/kits.html I highly recommened you go there. Also While you are there you can download a patch which lets you play as a Lich! Also they include a script for the lich so just plop him infront of a hard enemy and watch the result!

Old 12-20-2000, 05:01 PM   #8
Satyre

So far, I have done the quests as I have found them, but now I am doing chapter 6 and have gone out to find the quests.

However, next time I am going to do the quests in the order of the equipment that I want to gain.. For example I am going to do the Kazaxx quest as early as possible so as to get the 2 rings of Gaxx, go and hunt the amulet of power and so forth...

I am composing a list of ideal equipment...