Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2002, 07:42 PM   #11
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I found a torn note that said something about an arms length away.Something about a tomb??Still havn't found out what it means though???
Old 06-29-2002, 10:14 PM   #12
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

now that i know the right tomb thing i can tell you what to do.
no one else obviously knows this.

the first tomb has 3 items and a book in it.

you then goto beggars nest. hit up the graveyard.there is a crypt with a chest in front of it. there is a torn note in the chest(same with the other 2 chests). the note has a riddle on it(you can also examine the chest and it says the same thing).its a riddle. the riddle states "a wall at arms length". you recieved a shield an arrow and sword.

that chest you need to put the shield into the chest. boom the door opens.there is a mummy in there easy kill then grab the ancient book. part one is done.

part 2.blacklake district head directly left from the entrance of blacklake. there is a girl outside. talk to her she will tell you the password to a bookcase in her house. say the password to the bookcase and presto takes you to an underground tomb area. little further down you will see another crypt entrance with a chest in front of it.
"A splinter delivered in flight" obviously the arrow.put in chest door opens. once inside there are 4 magical swords flying around.have your npc take the grunt of the fight while you rush over to the sarcophagus and grab ancient armor(and there is a great axe+1 for you).do not try to kill the swords they are to hard to kill.(i was lvl 10 barb with 142 hp and couldnt kill one of them).

next is docks. when your going to hit up the aqueducts to go find callik. dont take the boat down just yet. to the north is another crypt with a chest in front. dont remeber the riddle but you just put the sword in and it opens up. there are just some undead creatures in there not to hard to beat. in the sarcophagus is the ancient amulet.

its alot of work and theres not much in rewards for doing such. you get 200gp and 1 point towards good for each item. i think you can pursuade a little more gold outta him but thats pretty much it no xp no nothin
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 10:14 PM   #13
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

you then goto beggars nest. hit up the graveyard.there is a crypt with a chest in front of it. there is a torn note in the chest(same with the other 2 chests). the note has a riddle on it(you can also examine the chest and it says the same thing).its a riddle. the riddle states "a wall at arms length". you recieved a shield an arrow and sword.

that chest you need to put the shield into the chest. boom the door opens.there is a mummy in there easy kill then grab the ancient book. part one is done.

part 2.blacklake district head directly left from the entrance of blacklake. there is a girl outside. talk to her she will tell you the password to a bookcase in her house. say the password to the bookcase and presto takes you to an underground tomb area. little further down you will see another crypt entrance with a chest in front of it.
"A splinter delivered in flight" obviously the arrow.put in chest door opens. once inside there are 4 magical swords flying around.have your npc take the grunt of the fight while you rush over to the sarcophagus and grab ancient armor(and there is a great axe+1 for you).do not try to kill the swords they are to hard to kill.(i was lvl 10 barb with 142 hp and couldnt kill one of them).

next is docks. when your going to hit up the aqueducts to go find callik. dont take the boat down just yet. to the north is another crypt with a chest in front. dont remeber the riddle but you just put the sword in and it opens up. there are just some undead creatures in there not to hard to beat. in the sarcophagus is the ancient amulet.

its alot of work and theres not much in rewards for doing such. you get 200gp and 1 point towards good for each item. i think you can pursuade a little more gold outta him but thats pretty much it no xp no nothin

and you didnt say that quest you started talking about a totally different quest
Old 06-29-2002, 10:14 PM   #14
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

and you didnt say that quest you started talking about a totally different quest
Old 06-30-2002, 12:52 AM   #15
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:

Thanks! I had just gotten to those damn swords, and was about to post a topic asking how to kill the damn things!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 01:01 PM   #16
MaraJade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is this a characterbased quest? I received it from Oleff with my Paladin, my husband, who started playing before I did, never got the quest for his Ranger. Since he found the clues in front of the locked doors I'm assuming he just missed picking up the quest.

Mara
MaraJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 01:52 PM   #17
illandrius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a ranger/druid and Oleff will not give me the quest. he says im not holy or religious enough or something of the sort. maybe need to be higher lvl, im 7, or maybe rangers/druids just cant get that quest.

neutral good alignment btw....

~illandrius
Old 07-01-2002, 04:50 PM   #18
GodSlayer
Dungeon Master

I'm a Neutral Evil Wizard, but I just "persuaded" olaff to give me the quest, even though he did start out with "you are not holy enough....". So it's possible for all to get the quest, some just have to use persuade [img]smile.gif[/img]

GodSlayer
GodSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #19
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

sorry for the triple post there internet was screwy wit me there. its is a char based quest but anyone can get it regardless of alignment.
you gotta have persuade. and i stress that is the best all around skill you can have. gets you more gold and more quests that way.for oleff to give you the quest on a successful pursuade check you gotta have atleast 3 points into persuade.my 4 main skills i invested in for my barbarian was persuade,open/disarm locks, and(damnit cant think of the fourth)the one that gives better resistance to knockdowns and so forth.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:00 PM   #20
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
sorry for the triple post there internet was screwy wit me there. its is a char based quest but anyone can get it regardless of alignment.
you gotta have persuade. and i stress that is the best all around skill you can have. gets you more gold and more quests that way.for oleff to give you the quest on a successful pursuade check you gotta have atleast 3 points into persuade.my 4 main skills i invested in for my barbarian was persuade,open/disarm locks, and(damnit cant think of the fourth)the one that gives better resistance to knockdowns and so forth.
Oh yes, Persuade is definitely a must-have skill. I did ALL of the character based quests, simply because I was able to persuade them to let me have them. Also, you can keep asking them, even if you failed your persuade roll. It will keep rerolling without any ill effects until you get the quest. However, you can't do this when you are trying to persuade them to give you more money for doing the quests. Each of the character quests, if you persuade them to give you more reward, will give you stuff to create weapons or are magic items in their own right. Definitely worth it. Also great for getting information and/or better ways of doing quests. Trust me, it works wonders.

That's one reason I like playing a cleric; persuade is a class skill. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote