Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

i have started palying HOF and i have just started the horde fortress, but i have to say i'm a little disapointed. I like the idea of a really difficult game, where high level abilities and spells get to used more than in the ordinary game. However i think it could ahve been so much better. I don't really find hacking super-hp goblins to death all that challanging or statisfying, even though they are more difficult i still feel its only a goblin, not the same as killing a difficult monster. I thought it could have been better with the use of more difficult monsters with more modest bonuses, just to make it feel more real.

i know that certain types creatures need to appear for plot reasons, but orogs could have been used instead of goblins perhaps etc just to make it seem that i'm not playing exactly the same game as normal.

Still, a good idea but could have been better implimented, and i can't deny that wasting goblins and orcs with level 9 spells is god fun!!
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Yea, I was somewhat dissapointed at this, too. However, there are extra enemies added here and there: ever notice those generic lvl 9-ish mages at the shaengarne bridge?

I just like HoF for the good challenge that it presents.

EDIT: also, it would have been cool in HoF if instead of Cabbalus warping in a lot of goblins to have had them charge in with a few orcs and bugbears taking the lead. It always seemed cheesy to me that the gate was broken, yet nothing ever ran through it.

[ 01-20-2005, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Marty4 ]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

I'm not saying i'm not enjoying the challange and the ability to further advance my characters, but i was just a disappointed thats all.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I hear you. However, I have never played a game with a "go through again" hard mode with new gameplay. For example, in Diablo II you can play again on Nightmare and Hell mode, but it just raises the power of your enemies and lowers your resistances.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote