Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
So I defeated seven buccaneer ghosts in a long, dramatic battle, using all my spell points in the process, and I'm rewarded with three Vapo-rizors. Unfortunately, I decided not to run an all gadgeteer party, don't even have one gadgeteer. I've read that the buccaneers sometimes drop great stuff - so what happened???? I'm not going to reload, just curious what I could have gotten and what determines the drops (my party is at level 12).

In the chest I found a ninjato, not bad since I have a faerie rogue who will soon change to ninja. Also got a pair of chamois gloves. Cause you can never have enough gloves ... or something.

Any advice for beating the rynjin? I saved and quit before my first encounter with them - this is my first game in a few years, don't remember a lot of stuff. Never beat it either, hoping this is the time!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:32 AM   #2
Silpion
Dungeon Master

The buccaneer ghosts can drop the *light sword*. Unfortunately it's very rare. I ventured there once with a party which could kill them easily and fought the battle again and again for hours without getting the sword. If you want it you can use an editor and give it to your party. Trying to get it as a normal drop is a waste of time.
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:39 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

I got the *light sword* once, however it was the one time I was running a party without someone who used a sword!! Typical

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:22 AM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Make sure you have soul shield up and eye for an eye with the Rynjin they can turn you crazy pretty fast.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Yup, Light Sword is about for the them. I have Flamestryke's mod installed, so it changes things a bit. The beauty of this game is not the finish away, so don't rush to get through it. There's lots of other stuff around if you have a mod installed, so don't worry too much about what you get.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I have had the *light* *sword* four or five times now. (Not currently using the FS mod although I recommend it.) It IS very rare and I also do not recommend more than an hour trying to get it though repeated buc battles. What I have never had is the Estoc of Olivia when I had a Ranger who could use it! I have played maybe 50 games.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You can also get the Light sword in the retro dungeon. The one near the bridge, but the fight to get is really tough.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
Target
Red Dragon

What is the Estoc of Olivia? IS that only in Flames mod or the normal game?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

it is in the normal game and in both mods. in DS 3.0 You find it in lower martins bluff by the trang who sells stuff. There is a room oppisite his it is in I think. If not there than it is in the rooms behind the tapestry. It has a 15% kill I think usable only by Rangers.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:35 AM   #10
Target
Red Dragon

Oh, right, what sort of weapon is it?