Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2001, 10:20 AM   #11
RAISTLIN

Too embarassed to tell. Actually in ch6 around 1120 days. 2months real time. Will take longer because i am getting pressure to do other things in life than just play this non stop.

By the way. To those of you who are completing this in really short game times. Are you playing with hacked characters? I do not see how you could finish the game so quickly and build up enough exp points, hit points, spells etc. to finish the final battle.

Old 02-19-2001, 12:19 AM   #12
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I think the fastest is about 2 weeks. I don't exactly know.

I've completed the game 5 times since November 26th and currently I'm playing two games simultaneously, both parties are in the Shaganssin City (spelling is awful, I know). You can probably figure about how long it takes on average for me to complete a game -- I'm not much of a Math person.
Old 02-19-2001, 10:24 PM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

We bought the game the first week it was on the shelf, and I have played it through totally 12 times. I have played almost all the classes, and currently have 5 games running at the same time. I work, but this winter has been hard for construction, so I've had a lot of free time. I finished my first game in less than seven days real time, but I can't remember how many game days it was. As a note to Raistlin, no, in that first game I didn't even know the cheat codes to create items, let alone have any of the really cool hack programs that I have now. I really enjoy escaping from this reality for a while, and BG2 is a good way to do it, especially if you play different classes every time.
Old 02-20-2001, 12:54 AM   #14
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I... well... I still haven't finished the game. I've started it about eight times with various characters, you know, just to see how things turn out. Terrible, I know.

As a side note, a friend of mine used the ShadowKeeper to change his male paladin into a female and kept the voice, body, etc as a male and he's taking bets on whether or not Anomen hits on him/her.
Old 02-20-2001, 07:29 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

First time through, finished in about 3 weeks, without doing all the quests. I hadn't even hit the XP cap. I got about 3 hours sleep a night for those three weeks. Figuring out how to beat Kangaxx took an entire evening (as nobody knew how to beat him at the time).

Second time around took a lot longer because i took my time.
Old 02-20-2001, 07:32 AM   #16
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

lets see a month or two would be just right for me
Old 02-20-2001, 07:35 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there, took me about 3 weeks also first run through, not much sleep and red square eyes for the effort, hadn´t done all the quests, hadn´t even been everywhere either..

Well honestly i had started three parties before that.. hehe
Well know I´currently playing a fighter/mage and its real fun, turn them to chickens then whack them to smithereens! Hehehehehe..
Eh, sorry.. but it´s still fun.