Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2003, 10:15 AM   #1
free
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi all....In my google-wandering, for WW, i found a FAQ that i never saw before. It is in germanlanguage and i had to use google's translating
to get it not-so-welly translated.

it is the german Activision site's support faq that german players have called in to them for and the german activision people made up a FAQ, of these.

the american support section has Answers too...
https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-...pin/activision

but they are *NOT* the same topics as in the german faq!!!!

here it is.....
======================================
Questions frequently posed to the Hotline

If you do not find your question here, fill out please the form for customer service .
b_f.gif (607 Byte) How can I mean spielstaende to keep, if I must again install the play?
b_a.gif (579 Byte) In order to keep the spielstaende, you must: the Deinstallationsprogramm of the play start. After the Deinstallation (in the play listing) remaining play files into the again installed play copy. The file sspath.dat delete.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) How can I switch into the D3D-Modus? I have only the modes software and hardware.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) The D3D-Modus is the hardware mode.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) How can I put the diagram options back to the standard attitude, before I start the play?
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Delete the file gamopt.dat in the listing C:\Programme\Activision\Wizards and Warriors. With the next start of the play all diagram attitudes are again neglected in the play.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) The task of Fixing mine is difficult and misleading. One assumes that one needs an article to be found in order to repair the mine Cart Lever, but it is not anything.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) They must converse with the King OF the Stouts, before you can further by the mines. If you do not lead the correct dialogue with the king, the mystery is not solved.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) The play screen is empty, but all other symbols and menus are to be seen.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Guarantee that the computer all system requirements fulfilled and you use the most current diagram map driver of the Website of the manufacturer.
Sometimes the play does not find the correct codecs, in order to play the advice. They must install the Windows codecs, to which you need the Windows CD.
Go on Start>Einstellungen>Systemsteuerung. Doubleclick on the symbol software.
Go on Windows Setup.
Doubleclick on Multimedia.
Look in the appearing list for video compression.
If before it a checkmark is, remove this and click on OK ONE and then on taking over. Start the computer again. Repeat the procedure, but you insert this mark the checkmark again. Click on OK ONE. The Windows CD is queried. Start your system again after the installation process.
If no checkmark before video compression were, make one and click on OK ONE. The Windows CD is queried. Start your system again after the installation process.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) Why don't some tasks appear in the journal?
b_a.gif (579 Byte) All tasks, which one receives outside from cities, are registered in the player menu in the character list.

Information to these tasks finds you, if you go through the noted discussions here. Quests are special tasks, which receive you from Gildemeistern. Normal tasks, which receive you from other NPCs, are not Quests, why they are to be found also in the character section of the journal.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) In the city Brimloch Roon I bought a boat, so that I can drive by a gate on the lake. The boat remains hanging however on something, which I cannot at all see, sometimes goes that even so far that I do not loose-come any longer, particularly in the proximity of the ship wreck at the beach.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Load a spielstand before being stuck. Avoid it, too close to the ship wreck to sails. They can also leave and further-swim the ship, but are warned you, the water are malicious.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) With the start of the play I receive the error message "INSERT CD".
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Guarantee that you can use 32-Bit-Treiber for the CD Rome drive assembly and play audio CDs. If you put a music CD into the drive assembly, go on Start>Programme>Zubehoer>Multimedia>CD rendition and trying you playing the CD. If that does not function, you must repair this problem first.

Guarantee that the drive assembly letter of the CD Rome drive assembly is correct. If you click right on the symbol job, select characteristics, then the equipment manager. Click on "+" before CD Rome. Doubleclick on the appearing Untereintrag and go you now on attitudes. Guarantee that the first and last letter are suitably for your drive assembly indicated.

Guarantee it that the drive assembly, by which from CD music is to be played is correctly adjusted. Click on Start>Einstellungen>Systemsteuerung and here on the symbol Multimedia. Go on music CD. Examine, whether the selected drive assembly is that one, from which you the play play. (it should be the lowest drive assembly letter.)

If you possess a second CD Rome drive assembly, put to CD (not the play CD) into the second drive assembly.

Deactivate all other logical drive assemblies such as CDRs and Zip drive assemblies.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I can see the options, but in the city it is dark.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Guarantee that you use the most current diagram map driver of the Website of the manufacturer.

Click in the options on the Button Graphics and regulate you the gamma value with the sliding control.

Possibly you must regulate the gamma attitude of your diagram map under Windows also before beginning of play.
Click on Start>Einstellungen>Systemsteuerung
Doubleclick on the symbol announcement.
Go on attitudes and clicking you on the Button extended. Go for farbeinstellung and regulating you the gamma value.

If you do not find your question here, fill out please the form for customer service .
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I cannot enter the Stout Mines. Each mark, if I try it, I receive the message from Seigneur Pastolio that he in-lets me, but then appear twice the load screen and I am still outside.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) That is on a problem with the Script regarding the Gatekeeper of the mines, Seigneur Pastolio, to lead back.

It can occur, if you start an attempt, which away-run mines to enter (by giving it the Miner's Writ) and then.

If you are so far away the fact that Pastolio's ' Good Bye ' is not to be heard no more is not loaded the mines and the wrong message is played.

In order to repair the problem, you start a discussion with it, give it the Miner's Writ and run only away if it accepted it. If you hear its "Good Bye ', the Script is put back and the mines should to enter you be able.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I already started a play, but now I would like to start again from the beginning. How can that be done?
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Click on the computer symbol down in the city or adventure screen. Select in the option menu Game. Click on the Button RESET Adventures. The play is completely put back, as if you would have never played. Their characters keep the points of experience and the basic equipment, but all special Quest articles are deleted. They can play the play either with the current characters, or provide new.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) If I select start new Game, my system freezes.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Guarantee that you use the most current sound and diagram map driver of the Website of the manufacturer.
Place to the Desktop on 640x480 High Color (16 bits).
Close before that kind of playing all applications running in the preventing reason.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) When starting the screen becomes black.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Guarantee that you use the most current sound and diagram map driver of the Website of the manufacturer.
Examine whether your system fulfills the system requirements angebebenen down on the packing.
Close before that kind of playing all applications running in the preventing reason.

Guarantee that Direct 3D is activated.
Enter with Start>Ausfuehren and to give you "dxdiag".
Click on OK ONE.
Go in the DirectX diagnostic program on announcement.
Guarantee that DirectDraw acceleration and the Direct3D acceleration are activated.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) Wherein does the difference between are based and a real time play lie?
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

With the round-based play the monsters attack once and wait then for its reaction (fight or moving), with the real time play continue to attack the monsters.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I have two or several diagram maps, but I cannot select her.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) The play can be played only with the primary map. It does not discover second maps or ground through 3D-Karten such as Voodoo Graphics or Voodoo 2.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) In the player menu from the outset Fiery Breath appears.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

That is in such a way intended of the play Design. The symbol for Fiery Breath is a substitute symbol, which is replaced later, if the character learns a special strength as for example Evil Eye (bad eye) or Vampirism (Vampirismus). If this is the case, her begun by one click on this Button in the action window.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) My characters fulfilled task, were however not remunerated for it.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

For this there are several possible causes. They could not have understood the task correctly and them are possibly not yet correctly fulfilled. If it is a component of the task to procure an object then the character, which is to fulfill the task, must have the object in its inventory. Each character fulfills own tasks, examines you whether the current character is to fulfill this task. A task can do, if are not differently indicated, locked only in the city, in which it was placed.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) If I terminate the play with Alt+F4, it keeps running in the background.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Terminate the play with the option Quit (terminate) in the play or with Strg alto distance, if this option for unknown reasons does not function.

........continued on next reply!!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:17 AM   #2
free
Elite Waterdeep Guard

here is part two of the german faq!!

uestions frequently posed to the Hotline

b_f.gif (607 Byte) Party members clippen from time to time by the soil.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) They must load a spielstand the time ago, on which the party is fallen by the soil. Unfortunately there is no other possibility. If you try to store and again to load, the party in the appropriate place puts firmly. Possibly you become released, if you turn on the place or run and jump.

Explanation: This is apparently only in completely determined areas the case (e.g. below Toad Village)
b_f.gif (607 Byte) If I try to play the play with 3-Beschleunigung it falls either or it comes to diagram errors.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) They can change the diagram attitudes in the townscape screen, because it concerns here a 2D-Bildschirm, which is not affected by it.
Go into the menu with the diagram options and setting you the attitude on a lower stage.
If a high resolution for D3D is adjusted, reduce it to 640x480. Already if 640x480 is adjusted, go into the software mode.

If you use a viper V770, use for it the drivers of dia. moon. These drivers prevent apparently crashes and diagram errors.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) Why can't one group Mana Potions?
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Belongs to the play Design. The same applies also to other rare or precious articles. Perhaps only with simple things that functions.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) In Toad Village I do not go past at a village inhabitant, in order to address the Schamanen.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Try to address the inhabitant, that blocks the way. Return you, during he speaks and tries you that he follows you thereby. Thus you should be able to create it from the way.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) During the character production the play returns to the Desktop.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Delete all files in the listing Windows/Temp.
Implement ScanDisc completely.
Defragmentieren it your non removable disk completely.
If that does not help all anything, install for Windows again. In addition you must start only the file setup.exe of the Windows installation CD out. Thus all incorrect or missing files are replaced.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I do not have clay/tone in the play.

Set the hardware acceleration of your sound map to basis acceleration.
Go they on Start>Einstellungen>Systemsteuerung.
Doubleclick on Multimedia.
Go on audio.
Click on further characteristics in the section rendition.
Go on achievement.
Set the sliding control for hardware acceleration to the 2. Stage from left (basis acceleration).
Click on taking over and then twice on OK ONE.
Start the play now. Do not forget to put this attitude back for other applications again.

Remove from inactive drivers
Raising you your system in the secured mode, by pressing on the key F8, before the Windows screen appears. Appears a screen, in which you can select, in which mode it raising wants. Select the secured mode.
If Windows is loaded, click right on job and select characteristics. Go here on equipment managers. Click on "+" before diagram maps.
If several entries are here specified, then here some entries are inactive. Mark the entry, you to remove would like to click and you on the Button removing. Repeat this procedure, until only the correct entry is remaining.

NOTE: If you do not know, you installed which map straight, you contact please the manufacturer or the salesman.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) With increasing play time the load times extend, sometimes even up to 10 minutes.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Guarantee that you use the most current sound and diagram map driver of the Website of the manufacturer.
Delete all files in the listing Windows/Temp.
Implement ScanDisc completely.
Defragmentieren it your non removable disk completely.
Guarantee that you have AT LEAST 140 MT available free storage location for the virtual memory and the paging file of Windows 95/98/ME.
In the virtual memory simulate Windows fixed disk as main memory. Guarantee that for it at least 140 MT on the system drive are free, thus on the drive assembly, on which Windows is installed. They can change also the drive assembly, which consults Windows for the virtual memory.
Go on Start>Einstellungen>Systemsteuerung.
Doubleclick on the symbol system.
Go on capability characteristics and clicking you on the Button of virtual main memories.
They can do now "it apply user-defined attitudes for the virtual memory" to select. Select another drive assembly for the virtual memory here. The other attitudes can leave you invariably, it been sufficient, to select another drive assembly.

If you have only a drive assembly and exists this problem, you must provide for sufficiently storage location for the virtual memory.

b_f.gif (607 Byte) I cannot leave the option menu. Divide the option menu extends sometimes from down over the screen and covers the ' Exit' Button (left), with which I could arrive back at the main menue.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

They can click on any place at the left lower edge of the screen, in order to find the exit Button.

Explanation:
Happens above all, if you try to occupy the key for the extended text window (standard "W") with another function.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I cannot start the play in the hardware mode.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Make sure that you fulfill all minimum system requirements indicated on the packing, including the DirectX requirements for the hardware, like diagram and sound map. You find a list with supported chip corroding on the lower surface of the packing. If you possess a map, which is not supported, the play will not run correctly. If you fulfill all requirements, obey the following steps.

Make sure that you downloaded the newest diagram map drivers of the Website of the manufacturer.

Make sure that the 3D-Hardware-Beschleunigung is set on the highest stage. Click in addition with the right mouse button on the job Icon and select characteristics. Select the register map of capability characteristics and click you on the diagram Button. Examine whether the speed regulator is set to 100%.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I cannot install the play, since it freezes during the installation.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) Set your Desktop dissolution on 640x480 and High Color (16 bits). All applications of backgrounds must be closed before start of the play. Make sure that you installed 32-Bit-Treiber for your CD Rome drive assembly.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) I cannot invert the mouse in the play.
b_a.gif (579 Byte) The mouse cannot be inverted in the play.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) How do the minimum system requirements read?
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Pentium® Ii processor with 233 MHz
64 MT RAM
Microsoft® Windows® 95/98-Betriebssystem
100% Windows 95/98-kompatibles computer system (inclusive compatible 32-Bit-Treiber for CD Rome, diagram map, sound map and input devices).
740 MT of unkomprimierter fixed disks, plus 140 MT for the Windows Auslagerungsdatei.
4x-CD-ROM-Laufwerk (constant data transmission rate 600 K/Sek.)
DirectX® 7.0a for Windows 95/98 (contain)
DirectX® 7.0a-kompatible diagram map (reference: For 3D-Beschleunigung mindestesns 16 MT diagram memory are needed.) *
100% Windows 95/98-kompatible 16-Bit-Soundkarte and driver
100% Windows 95/98-kompatible mouse and driver
100% Windows 95/98-kompatible keyboard

SUPPORTED CHIP-corrode FOR 3D-beschleunigung UNDER WINDOWS® 95/98 (OPTIONALLY) **
3dfx Voodoo Banshee
3dfx Voodoo 3
3dfx Voodoo 5
ATI rises up 128
Matrox G200
Matrox G400
nVidia TNT
nVidia TNT2
nVidia GeForce
nVidia GeForce 2

* Important note: This product uses Microsofts DirectX7.0a-Technologie, for which your system must be equipped with the newest Windows® 95/98-Treibern, the DirectX 7.0a fully to support.
** beside soft being he end ring Wizards & Warriors Microsofts Direct 3D uses, in order to make the 3D-Beschleunigung possible. But a 16-MB-Grafikkarte with DirectX 7.0a-kompatiblen drivers is needed. Wizards & Warriors were tested on many, but not all chip corroding specified above.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) How can I install the play manually?
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Minimum installation:
Click on START/programs/request for MSDOS input.
In the DOS session you enter the following: CD. < press you the input key >
MD WizWar (presupposed you want to install the play under c:\wizwar.) < you press the input key >
CD c:\WizWar < press you the input key >
Make sure that CD Rome #1 is in the CD Rome drive assembly < presses you the input key >
xcopy cdrom:\*.* (you note please that cdrom: the identification for the CD Rome drive assembly is.) < you press the input key >

All files are copied by CD #1 into the WizWar listing. If all files were copied, closed the window. They must work on now the file SSPATH.DAT.

Doubleclick on the job Icon and doubleclick you on the drive assembly C: \ (if C: \ the identification of your drive assembly is).
Look for the WizWar file (or the file, into which you copied the files) and doubleclick you on it.
Look for the file SSPATH.DAT.
Click with the right mouse button to the file SSPATH.DAT and select a ' opening also '.
Select note PAD from the list and then OK ONE.
Work on the file that them look as follows: INSTALL C:\WizWar
Change the installation listing in c:\wizwar
CDROM D: change the CD Rome listing in cdrom:
NARRATOR C:\WizWar\d6run\Speech change you the storyteller in C:\WizWar\d6run\Speech
SPEECH D:\d6keydisk\SPEECH change you the language listing in cdrom:\d6keydisk\speech
MOVIE D:\d6keydisk\movie change you the film listing in cdrom:\d6keydisk\movie
MUSIC D:\d6keydisk\MUSIC change you the music listing in cdrom:\d6keydisk\music

Store your changes and close you note PAD.
Open the Wizwar file and click you with the right mouse button on DEEP6.EXE and select ' linkage provide '.
Pull the Deep6.exe-Verknuepfung on your Desktop.

Maximum installation:
Click on START/programs/request for MSDOS input
MD WizWar (presupposed you want to install the play under c:\wizwar.) < you press the input key >
Make sure that CD Rome # 1 is in the CD Rome drive assembly < presses you the input key >
xcopy cdrom:\*.* (you note please that cdrom: the identification of the CD Rome drive assembly is.) < you press the input key >

All files are copied by CD #1 into the WizWar listing. If all files were copied, you must copy contents of CD # 2.

Put to CD # 2 into the drive assembly.
MD WizWar (presupposed you want to install the play under c:\wizwar2.) < you press the input key >
Make sure that CD Rome # 2 is in the CD Rome drive assembly < presses you the input key >
xcopy cdrom:\*.* (you note please that cdrom: the identification of the CD Rome drive assembly is.) < you press the input key >

Doubleclick on the job Icon and doubleclick you on the drive assembly C: \ (presupposed you have the files in C: \ copied).
Look for the WizWar file (or the file, into which you copied the files) and doubleclick you on it.
Look for the file SSPATH.DAT.
Click with the right mouse button to the file SSPATH.DAT and select you to ' opening also '.
Select note PAD and then OK ONE.
Work on the file that them look as follows: INSTALL C:\WizWar
Change the installation listing in c:\wizwar
CDROM D: change the CD Rome listing in cdrom:
NARRATOR C:\WizWar\d6run\Speech change you the storyteller to C:\WizWar\d6run\Speech
SPEECH C:\WizWar2\d6keydisk\SPEECH change you the language listing in C:\WizWar2\d6keydisk\speech
MOVIE C:\WizWar2\d6keydisk\MOVIE change you the film listing in C:\WizWar2\d6keydisk\movie
MUSIC C:\WizWar2\d6keydisk\MUSIC change you the music listing in C:\WizWar2\d6keydisk\music

Memory and leaves you note PAD
Open the Wizwar file and click you with the right mouse button to the file DEEP6.EXE and select you for ' linkage provide '.
Draw the file Deep6.exe on your Desktop.
b_f.gif (607 Byte) Humans in the city do not talk, but they move their hands.
b_a.gif (579 Byte)

Most humans in the city do not speak, up to a few important characters.

that might be it.....
freestone
Old 10-29-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Nice list, from what I understood *giggles*. Perhaps we have someone who speaks German in here who would be willing to give it a try? Perhaps there are some goodies in there. However I for one believe that we have covered, if not all, then most of what's in there. I believe this since Activision support lately has added answers that come directly from our tech thread.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I believe this since Activision support lately has added answers that come directly from our tech thread.
Oh, I'm SO surprized!!!!

Wyv
Old 10-30-2003, 12:10 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I see Red agrees that Activision knows where the smartest people are... especially when it comes to saving the Gael Serran...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:51 AM   #6
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Go, go power rangers... err, I mean, Go go W&W forum members!!!

Moiraine Sedai