Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I was going around the area when I came to the Old Millhouse. There were trolls there, so I targeted them with magic. I accidentally targeted the lady there (her name started with an 'M'), and she ended up attalking me, forcing me to kill her. IIRC, she was involved with a quest. Am I missing out on anything from killing her? All my characters had made 1-2 levels before my last save, so I didn't want to reload. Any help is appreciated.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 03:56 AM   #2
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Erzebette? No... Umm... God! I can't remember her name...

Kerielle? Kerielle! That's it! Is this the person you ment? There is only one quest involving her... You go and get her Algamesh's Amulet from the crypt and then give it to her. She then gives you a potion that you can use on the Xydusa, the evil snake naga thingy at the serpent temple.

It's no real great loss...

Question to other people: Do you drink the elixir she gives you or do you use it on Xydusa? I have never tried it... I always forget... :embarrased:

Hope this helps you, Lord

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Use the potion on Xydusa to put her to sleep. You can then sneak by her and get an extra trait. [img]smile.gif[/img] However if you attack her while sleeping she (it?) will regain consciousness.

[ 10-19-2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:40 AM   #4
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
You could always revert to a previous save game perhaps Lord, if you wanted to keep fair Kerrielle alive and still have the little amulet quest. Doing just that one extra sub quest adds that bit more depth to the game.
I've also been meaning to go back to her and purchase back the amulet now that I'm less financially challenged...

I never actually used the potion she gives for Xydusa, as the ethical dilemma which faced my party of the uncertain longevity of the potion versus an instant potent XP bonus from killing her immediately, made me lean heavily towards the latter. I never realised at the time I was so near a bonus trait until much later!

Resting in opulence under Oakenmir,
Cerebrodragon
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

That would have been Kerielle in the Mill House. Her quest is not greatly important but does have some advantages. You get a potion which can later help you in the Serpent Temple. The Amulet you get for Kerielle is pretty nice and many players have opted to keep it for themselves rather than give it away to Kerielle.

I, personally, would have reloaded if this had happened to me but if you really don't want to, you don't have to. The game may have originally intended to see that you keep the oath you swear in the crypt but doesn't in the version that was released. There will be no bad consequence as a result of what happened.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:56 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

1) You still have a chance to lure Xydusa away from the door she is blocking and slip past her to gain the snakeskin trait. You do not actually have to put her to sleep. If she is not put to sleep she will roam about, so once you have the trait and return to kill her for the experience points and for completing the temple quest you may have difficulties finding her in the corridors of the Serpent Temple. There should be no real problem in tracking her down with the spirit eye spell, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

2) Even if one gives (or sells) Algamesh's necklace to Kerielle one can always purchase (or steal) it back.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:02 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

On the flip side.
If you have yet to make the quest start from her, you are only losing a single amulet. The amulet is good for Protect Poision 50%, only one, and only one charcter can wear it. So, absolutely no big loss.

You have been given advice on how to still gain the snakeskin trait, just run dodge and don't attack. Then your answer to the sister must be the right one in order to gain the trait.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:08 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Now I remember that. I remember always keeping the amulet instead of giving it back, although I never knew about gaining the extra trait. No need to reload then, I guess. The game is slowly coming back to me, but it's still pretty hazy

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:38 PM   #9
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Here is what you do to her, you give her the amulet, wait until she forks up the potion. When you have the potion you slay her and put her out of her missery of loosing her friend. Then you have the potion, exp., and the necklace. So you can get the trait, get stronger, and be better off against the serpent temple.