Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-10-2004, 02:49 AM   #1
dragonslayer800
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just finished the game for the first time (yay) and i noticed that the dissapering burial grounds near the stout mines was never explaned is this a hole in the story line or have i missed some secret area which explains this?
dragonslayer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:39 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You mean the burial grounds that Jathil seeks? Well, we never know what stood in the letter we brought him... There is a haunted burial ground on the western rim of the wilderness of Ishad N'ha map. I always thought it had something to do with that...

[ 08-10-2004, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 08-10-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats dragonslayer800!!!

Way to go!!! Hope you plan to replay the game. I think that is one of the best things about W&W is that it is so replayable!

As you may or may not know, this game was rushed to market when development money was running low so many things got cut from the game. If you ever decide to examine the many files that come with the game you can discover that originally they did intend for their to be consequences if you broke the oath that you took in the Crypt but in the final release these were completely omitted. They may have originally planned to do more with the graveyard.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

The letter can be read [img]smile.gif[/img] It says that the burial ground has been moved to another place, that's all, so that it does not pour any light in the problem.
I think Wyvern is right. The burial ground nearby was supposed to have something common with Jathil but it was left uncompleted because of no money and time. Perhaps, the burial ground is haunted because it is deserted now. Perhaps, Jathil was supposed to ask you to do something with it. Perhaps, it's the temple who was supposed do ask you. I don't know.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Congrats... Yep... it is quite sad how this game was never finished... or patched to get all the bugs out... unlike games like DII where the creators fix every little thing and add stuff to the game that they want changed...
Old 08-10-2004, 11:47 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Congrats, Dragonslayer800! You done did it! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Lots of things were left behind because of budget and time, unfortunately... I like to think of them as teasers for what may be in the next game...

So.. are you planning to play another game with your new Zenmaster and Valkyrie? Keep us informed...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote