Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #41
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: MM6 and MM7 Queries

And you can use water walk or fly (or an NPC that offers that skill) to get to the mainland. If you've got a strong enough tank, you could even try swimming...

And Variol, I don't have a clue yet. I'll post the question over at Celestial Heavens... the mod is heavily discussed there. Are you on the dark path somehow? The mod only supports the light path...

I'm home tomorrow night, and will be able to game some then.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #42
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I wasn't on any path yet, that's what I'm saying. If you have to have some prerq. then you should not be allowed in the gauntlet.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #43
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Thanks for that. I'm having a tough time fighting my way there on foot. Just glad all my characters have bows
Old 05-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #44
dregnus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MM6 is one of my favorite games. I'm not sure if you guys know this, but there is a way to get a boost to your stats (+50 to each I think), 10,000 gold and some decent equipment (usually including a suit of noble chainmail) at the beginning of the game.

Spoiler:
1) The only way you're going to accomplish this and make it back alive at such a low level is by using a Gatemaster. Look around town for one, and restart your game if one isn't available.
2) You require a fly scroll. Trying to remember from memory, I believe if you click on the rear wall of the bank, you'll receive a potion of fly. Go ahead and put any money you have in the bank.
3) Head over to the buccaneer's lair, and cast your fly scroll. The building itself is shaped sort of like a cross. You can fly up to the second level. I don't remember exactly which wall it was on the second level, but one of them is a teleporter out to the dragonsands. I highly, highly recommend entering turn based mode before you go. Also save.
4) Click on the wall. You'll be taken to the Shrine of the Gods out in the Dragonsands. As you might have already deduced, there are about 50 various types of dragons waiting to eradicate you. They will do so if you allow them. To survive, you're going to have to run, very quickly, in to the shrine. There is an obelisk looking thing in front of you. You want to run in the alcove to the left of the obelisk. Run there, and quickly hit turn based mode when you make it
5) If you're lucky, you managed to get to the alcove with all your members intact. Go ahead and click on the "obelisk", and you'll get the +50 or so gain to your stats. Now, turn around and click on the brick wall. You'll be taken to the NWC dungeon.
6) This dungeon has most of the members of the development team walking around, with only a few goblins to spoil your fun. You can kill the developers if you wish, you'll have more than enough gold to buy your reputation when you get back.
7) The spoils: There is a chest here that you can click multiple times and receiver 500 gold each time, up until you have 10,000 gold on hand. There is another chest that casts a fully powered Day of the Gods spell on you (it will give you a temporary +200 boost to stats). You should be able to find midnight cloaks and a few pieces of chain mail laying around.
8) When you're done, use your Gate Master to warp to a town of your choice. You could go back to New Sorpigal and start the game, or travel to Mist and buy some spells. Its up to.

Yes, later in the game when you have Lloyd's Beacon, you can set a spot here and have "infinite" gold.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #45
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I just started playing a new MM6 game, dregnus, and let me add a couple of things to your impressive spoiler list:

Spoiler for spoiler addendums:

First, you don't *have* to use your fly scroll to access the teleport! If you go next to Buccaneer's Lair, on the side where the teleport is, look up, and position yourself *just right*, you can activate the teleport from the ground! I just learned this a bit ago and tried it for the first time this game... *sweet!*

Second, before you do that, go into turn-based mode. When you teleport, the dragons won't attack... yet...

Third, there's another use for all that money in the cashbox. In one of the rooms is a potion machine... makes all sorts of potions (and occasionally empty bottles) for you. Head in there and buy potions until you get enough to make all your Essence of ... potions. Everyone should leave with their stats maxed out. At least, as maxed as you can get there.

The two goblins are Jon Van Caneghem, founder of NWC, and Tripp Hawkins, former CEO. Kill 'em... every time...

If you leave and return, the specials (like the chain mail) restock. If you're patient (and reload enough), you can get majestic chain mail out of that box... +36 AC

And last, you can escape back without a gatemaster! IF you look at it overhead, the NWC building is shaped like a sword, the NWC logo. On the blade is a teleport that will take you back to New Sorpigal. Save before leaving, and when you leave, run immediately to the right (I think) and click on the walls of the blade. The first one (or so) is the teleport.

Gotta run, though, or the dragons will be picking their teeth with you...
-+-+-+
Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #46
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The shrine of gods will give +20 to each stat, not +50.

If you have a Lloyd's Beacon spell. You can cast it on the hallway outside the room with the chest that give you +255 to each stat. With this you'll literally always have 255stats all the time.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #47
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You don't have to restart your game to get different NPC's. Just reload and they change.

The scroll is in the left hand wall when you're standing in front of the bank, not the back.

I've been wanting to play it again, since Kakero introduced me to the editor.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #48
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

..guess the mod died off pretty fast.

I would recommend in the next mod (if there is one) that money be very hard to come by. No more money lying all over the ground with peasants walking past it etc. I say this because the stealing skill is totally useless in the game. Make it really tough to get money and items, so people will really have to consider getting a thief, or that skill.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #49
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I got through it to the Where's Waldo after-quest. I got tired of guerilla fighting tactics against all those magic-zapping titans, so I haven't finished it yet.

I don't think money was the real issue for me in the mod... the fact that the bows of carnage made combat so easy in most cases was. Although I'm kind of missing them in the MM6 game I'm playing right now... Castle Darkmoor is in my sights, which exists as one of my most / least favorite dungeons.
-+-+-+
Old 06-27-2008, 05:55 AM   #50
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
..guess the mod died off pretty fast.

I would recommend in the next mod (if there is one) that money be very hard to come by. No more money lying all over the ground with peasants walking past it etc. I say this because the stealing skill is totally useless in the game. Make it really tough to get money and items, so people will really have to consider getting a thief, or that skill.
I'm not playing the game anymore. I just cannot get use to the changes the mod have made. I rather like the vanilla MM7.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote