Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-31-2001, 12:17 PM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween. Don't eat too much candy and watch out for tricks.

*hugs*

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati
Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force
Official Scribe, Clan TLFB

Old 10-31-2001, 12:27 PM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

I missed the plane, and I think Neb did too, so there'll be no candy or tricks for/from us

Old 10-31-2001, 12:30 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yeah, we'll have to wait a year or two before letting America feel the fury of our Trick and Treat skillz.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:47 PM   #4
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

you know 'tricks' has another meaning don't you?

advice: don't make/give out homemade candy (they will get thrown away by concerned parents)

------------------

Realm of Warlock's Art
Fun, Humor, Silliness, Betrayals, and Biting (biting? how did it get there?) Link above
I bow to Ziroc the grand master! I shall never mock Choc again!
Old 10-31-2001, 01:16 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Right, Adam Warlock! Besides, it's better to eat your homemade candies yourself rather than waste them on moochers! Give them the storebought Reese's Pieces and Hershey's miniatures instead!

Good advice. You never know what kind of perverts are trying to slip stuff, especially in this day and age. Best to take your kids to places you're familiar with.

Cheers,

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Old 10-31-2001, 01:26 PM   #6
Garnet

I remember, way-back-in-the-dinosaur-days, when I was a kid, we greedily welcomed homemade popcorn balls and caramel apples and candies! I tried one year to make homemade goodies and labelled them with my name and address (in a town of 335), but then heard parents were still making the kids throw them away for safety reasons (not personal). I find that so sad.

Fudgy, choc chip mint brownies at Garnet's house today!!!!!!!!

------------------
~Garnet FalconDance~

• Guardian of the Forests
  • Ranger-Protectoress of Ironworks
  • Scourge of Hobgoblins and Assorted Bad Nasties Everywhere![/list]

Old 10-31-2001, 01:32 PM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Happy Halloween All
Hey can I get a trick or two ? I'll trade for a treat
It is un wise to accept home grown stuff now a day's it is a real
shame I, like Garnet remeber those dinosaur day's fondly.
Caramel covered apple's were a fav. of mine

Well anyway's y'all have a merry joyous fun filled candy packed
day of trickery.

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-31-2001, 01:43 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This may not be the place to express this, but I will. One of the reasons I am thankful for the age I am (38) is that my generation was the last to be able to experience the full unbridled "innocence" of childhood...trick or treating without fear of being poisoned or maimed, being able to go to the park by oneself (after a certain age, of course), not having to worry about sexual predators, drug pushers, etc., accosting you on your way to school, not having to worry about being shot while in school...

There were the "monsters", of course, and we were warned against them...but it was cautionary rather than the rampant paranoia that goes on nowadays. Much of that "paranoia" is grounded in sad reality, of course. However, it is sad when we realize that we are now in the second generation of raising children in a world that is to be feared; raising children filled with doubt and anxiety about their safety and the uncertainty of the world, children who will never know the simple delights many of my generation were able to experience because of this world we now find ourselves in.

It's more than sad...it's an affront and a travesty. Why are more people not outraged about this? Where did the "ball drop"? Where did we take simple innocence and cast it aside?

Whatever happened to the Divine Grace of childhood?

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!