Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-04-2001, 07:22 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

No you can't INITIATE dialogue as a werewolf. I guess Cernd has an exeption so the plot isn't compromised. Though you can't initiate it you can still partake in it.

The sewer cloak is only really good for the troll shape, though the jelly's not bad for a mage surrounded by non-blunt weapons. I guess the rat is there for interest/novelty value. One thing I haven't tried is this. If you're a rat scouting around are there any bonuses? Do people not bother attacking a rat or something? I'll try it tonight.
Old 01-04-2001, 07:34 AM   #12
Arak

Yorick you can initiate dialog as a werewolf, or atleast as a greater werewolf, haven't used the lesser in a while.
Or maybe its just me experiencing some bug but my hero, Druid, has talked to alot of people while in Werewolf form, dialogs he himself initiated.

Old 01-04-2001, 07:44 AM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

I have nothing much to say, except that the biggest laugh my husband and I had in BG II was when he shapeshifted Anomen into a rat ...
Old 01-04-2001, 07:47 AM   #14
Arak

Isn't that kinda like changing him back to his normal form?

Old 01-04-2001, 07:52 AM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

Yeah !
Try it and you will see ...
T'was particularly funny to hear him whining as usual and see a rat moving around.
And his "I am pleased that this ill-conceived party ..." !
Old 01-04-2001, 07:54 AM   #16
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hehe... thanks gang im not the only one with the question on what can a rat do...
as for your question Yorick, i didnt noctice any bonuses being a rat.. heck they even attacked me in my rat form (while i was experementing with it as well as scouting around) without any hesistation... im sure cmon sense reveals that they wont attack a rat and they should have made it since its one of the best means of scouting around...
Old 01-04-2001, 07:57 AM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

They LIED to me... those, those imbeciles who wrote the manual! Aargh! That's the only reason I shunned the Shapeshifter! I'm a chatterbox! Being unable to initiate dialogue is prison for me. Wye aye aughda....
Old 01-04-2001, 08:07 AM   #18
Arak

You shouldn't read manuals, manuals are no good, manuals only confuse mankind, manuals are the work of the devil and should be burnt as soon as possible.
Many times i've gotten my self some new toy with a manual, and although i throw away the manual as soon as.. its too late it has already influenced the machine and it just wont work.

Old 01-04-2001, 08:18 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You speak from experience Arak. You must be a Musician! Roland keyboard manuals are deemed to be THE WORST OF ALL TIME!
Old 01-04-2001, 08:45 AM   #20
Moiraine
Anubis

I am a Computer Engineer, and I write manuals all the time ... and people really say they are good, so I find myself writing more and more manuals, which can be pretty boring at times, so I escape here to listen to you guys ...