Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2000, 12:41 AM   #1
TDZHON

Only Humans may Dual Class. I sugest you start the game several times to test the possible combos. I've noticed that you do not need to have hisg scores in your prime reqs - Anemoen has 12 Wisdom, lol, and he dualed from Fighter to Cleric.

What I did read is that you may not use 2 kits in the same char, so that is out. For the others, it is not documented, so you will need to do trial and error.

Old 10-16-2000, 05:56 AM   #2
eeks

I am currently playing a Kensai. At some stage i want to play a Mage. Will i ever be able to use my 2 handed sword again?

Old 10-16-2000, 06:39 AM   #3
Uncle Lester

Well, I found out that dual classing a Kensai is not possible, so if you are going to play as a mage who wishes to wield a 2-handed sword, then I suggest you start the game over again as a fighter and then dual class to a mage, that way you will be able to fight with spells as well as a 2-handed sword... one more thing though, if you are going to dual class a fighter to a mage keep in mind that you can't cast mage spells with armor on (except for the Elven mail).

Old 10-16-2000, 06:53 AM   #4
eeks

It lets me Dual class at my current level, did you have a high int?

Old 10-16-2000, 06:54 AM   #5
Kalundrin the Skald

why is it not possible to dual class a kensai to mage ??

Old 10-16-2000, 06:57 AM   #6
Kalundrin the Skald

EXACTLY .... i think u didn't fulfile the requirements Uncle Lester ... for a fighter and mage ... if i'm not wrong ... u need to be human , and have at least 17 for the prime requisites of BOTH fighter and mage ... STR , CON , INT ( anymore ?? can't rem ) ... maybe u didn't have these .... remember 17 at least ...

Old 10-16-2000, 11:21 AM   #7
Uncle Lester

yes, sorry for the mistake I made for forgetting to mention the requirements, but it is also possible for a half-elf to dual class a fighter/mage if i am not mistaking again...as for dual classing a Kensai to another class, I think you lose the Kensai title then, but I am NOT sure of that, I do know that it isn't possible to dual class a kensai/mage. Maybe it is possible to have a kensai/thief, that I wouldn't be sure of...

Old 10-16-2000, 02:13 PM   #8
eeks

I can def Dual class as a Kensai/Mage. I did it just to make sure and it says Lv 1 Mage, Level 9 Kensai (inactive). No hint that i will lose my Kensai abilities at all

Old 10-16-2000, 02:35 PM   #9
Uncle Lester

sorry, I screwed up again, I was confused with multi classing and dual classing... this just isn't my day you know, sorry for the confusions I have caused...

Old 10-17-2000, 06:41 AM   #10
Kalundrin the Skald

its ok ... u definitely can dual class kits in bg 2 ... but u can only dual class FROM a kit provided u are human and have the requirements ... and u can only dual class to combos of the multi classes ... and not triple class ...

sigh... i only wished that bards could dual class .... then i can make my Drizzt/Artemis wannabes .... Blade/fighter ... the offensive spin sounds EXACTLY like how these 2 characters fought in the books .... damnit .... looks like my only chance is to use a swashbuckler/fighter ( i noe some of u are going to say i can use a ranger but i'm playing an evil character so ... ) ...