Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-19-2001, 09:03 AM   #1
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

I have gone to the Toad village at least six times (Hello Ekbu, Okabu). The wretched villager is still in the pond and will not leave. I tried killing him, but then the Shaman things I'm bad news, and the villagers try to kill me. Last time I tried, there were TWO villagers in the pond. HELP!!
Thamrys Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 09:49 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Thamrys!

Not sure what is causing your difficulties with this area. Can you send me a ZIPped or RARed copy of the gamexx.sav (only that file)? I'll check it out on my machine and see if I can figure out the problem and solve it for you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 09:50 AM   #3
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

This is a common occurrence in the game. Many people use different methods to move the toads. Sometimes you can: Just push them out of the way, Kill them but it must be with only ONE strike, Get them to follow you (Charm spell or saying the "right" thing {unknown what exactly the right thing is}), Use a vanish spell. I think there were some other ways mentioned in other threads, maybe on the Greatest Tips, or you can search for "Toad won't move" threads. I can help you search if you want me to. Just let me know. Hope this info if what you needed to pass by them.
Mammawlin

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 05-19-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 10:09 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I put the answer in the third page of the best tips. If you got a Wizard, cast meteor or another powerful spell on him. Remember, the key is to kill him (them) in one single blow. If you miss, you're in trouble.

Have fun and keep us posted.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 10:33 AM   #5
Moni

Depending on what level your characters are, you can always venture around and come back and kill him later (at around level 7 or so) and none of the other villagers will care.

Moni
Old 05-19-2001, 02:14 PM   #6
WizardMen
The Magister

tell him goodbye and hell usally move

()xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 02:21 PM   #7
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

Ruthless Ryanamur has an answer: meteor strike them both down!Well, it worked, thank you! Still, I can't but feel somewhat let down....
Thamrys Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 02:41 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Having actually played through Thamrys' game - I did eventually resort to the "violent" solution but it did make me wonder - I've never had any problem in my own games (unpatched) getting around these guys.

The "goodbye" trick didn't work at all in Thamrys' game, I tried it many times. Nor was I able to stack boxes and crates and jump over them (no athletics in the party which may have helped). Was hoping for VANISH, but that wasn't available. Fiddled around with the strength stat on one character hoping to push them aside with brute force (always worked in my games) but no. Was rather an interesting experience to experience first hand the frustration I know many players have had with this area.

Glad you are through it now, Thamrys - make a donation to the temple and your paladins will feel better!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote