Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 02:34 PM   #1
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Things were going fine in our romance, until she started sensing the Spider Queen was searching for her. Then assassins started warping in to kill her. Now all of a sudden Viconia has turned on me, and finally dumped me. She says she loves me, "In her way", and that she will stay with the group, but that it is over between us.
What the heck, I did everything right, is it really over, or is she just going through another one of her mood swings?
Thanx in advance
Old 11-19-2000, 08:46 PM   #2
Armisael

Nope. That's it. You didn't do anything wrong, the dialogue string always ends like that.

Old 11-19-2000, 09:26 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Thanx Armisael, that's a shame.. Viconia was in my opinion the most enjoyable of the romance options, if it is truly over I'm actually disappointed. I might as well drop her and pick up Keldorn Firecam. With my Kensai, the Minscter and Keldorn tanking, the soon to be traitorous Yoshi (blast his hide) doing the dirty deeds, and Aerie and Jaheira to handle the spells I should be okay, until Jaheira bails on me that is. Does she come back, or is she gone for good once she sneaks away to deal with the Harpers?
Old 11-19-2000, 09:42 PM   #4
Armisael

Nope, that's only temporary. And you don't necessarily need to drop Viconia, either, just get Jaheira to tank. She does a pretty good job of it, too, with her -10 AC and Iron Skins.

Old 11-19-2000, 09:43 PM   #5
Armisael

Oh, and personally I got fed up with that stupid ending to Viconia's dialogue and changed it to a who-knows one, like Jaheira's. : P

Old 11-19-2000, 11:14 PM   #6
BaatoRyan

OK, SO YOU ALL ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE A HAPPY ENDING WITH VICONIA?!?! YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT I WASTED MY LAST GAME, KNOWING THAT I WILL BE REWARDED, FOR NOTHING?!?! SO I'M JUST GOING TO DEAL WITH JAHEIRA?!?! AERIE FOR ME IS AUTOMATIC, I'D PICK HER OVER JAHEIRA ANYTIME... BUT VICONIA?!?! BY THE GODS... WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT

Old 11-20-2000, 12:58 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Armisael, what did u use to change the script? Infinity Explorer?
Old 11-20-2000, 01:02 AM   #8
Armisael

Nah, what I did was much more irritating. Got a program called... er.. "TLK_Conv". I think it's Welsh or something. You can get it off the TeamBG site. It converts the entire dialogue.tlk file into a text file, which you can then edit, and use the same program to convert said text file back into a .tlk file. Pretty nifty, and I needed to adjust some things anyway, so I thought I might as well make the game that little bit less depressing. Be careful, though - one wrong 'enter' and your entire game will go haywire (trust me on this, back up your dialogue file).

Old 11-20-2000, 07:21 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the warning mate, off to try it now.
Old 11-20-2000, 09:54 PM   #10
Sevristh

Alright Bagger....

Since you are obviously the consumate know-it-all for this board...

Kindly reply to my post about the Assylum. I have been waiting for 45 minutes for someone to solve my predicament. Prove to us that you are indeed all knowing...