Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 09-16-2002, 04:13 PM   #1
Debaser

I just got back to my game on NWN--I was on hiatus from it because I was lacking a sufficient video card for a while but that got taken care of today (thankfully.)

So.......my problem, plain and simple, is that I killed the Blue Dragon and have tried to place the essence orb on the pedestal but nothing seems to really happen. When I speak to Klauth there is never an option of any sort for me to feed him the essence orb or for the (SUPPOSEDLY tainted) orb to be given to him. Am I dealing with some kind of bug or is there something I'm overlooking? I have gone around the area repeatedly, talked to Gorgotha again, returned to Klauth, gone back to the pedestal a bunch of times and tried to place the orb on it and nothing happens........Somebody help me!
Old 09-16-2002, 09:56 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Did you actually read that ritual book (found in the Fire Giant Lair)? Dunno maybe you read it but reloaded?. Just a thought. I'm thinking reading it triggers the quest? Try it anyways if you haven't done so before! [img]smile.gif[/img] Otherwise, I dunno why those pedastels aren't working

[ 09-16-2002, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 06:55 AM   #3
Whailor

I think that you needed to place the orb BEFORE you do anything with the Blue Dragon. I don't remember, but read the Book of Rituals, it describes what exactly has to be done.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:31 PM   #4
Debaser

Hmmm....okay. That might very well be the problem. I think what I did was picked up the orb, then killed the Blue Dragon, then tried placing the orb back on the pedestal. That's probably why it isn't working...Well, anyway, I've left the Fire Giant caves and gone to complete the Fort Ilkard part of the mission (since I hadn't done that yet.) I hadn't yet encountered the green dragon yet, either, so now that I did I killed her and stole her eggs. I'm hoping that when I return to Klauth I'll be able to crush him (since I'll be of higher level) but in case I can't do that I guess I still have those eggs to give him (it just sucks because my ranger/rogue is Chaotic Neutral, and even though he's a loose wire he wouldn't condone giving Klauth another dragons eggs for the malicious purposes he want them for.) Oh well, guess I'll just have to see...

Thanks for responses, you guys
Old 09-18-2002, 10:17 AM   #5
Debaser

Ok, I am a complete DUMBASS.

Instead of placing the essence orb on the pedestal this whole time, I was mistakenly placing it on the FOUNTAIN where it's found. Yes, I am a complete moron and I did not see the pedestal in the center of the room up until now. So that is the solution to my "problem."