Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-23-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
Ziroc

Well, since ST:Voyager is coming to a close tonight, this Fall, a NEW Trek series will be coming on, called "Enterprise". (No 'Star trek' before the name either).

It's based in the 22nd century--yep, BEFORE the Kirk and Spock time.. YUK! I personally think this Idea sucks badly.. Who wants to watch a cardboard ship and 1960's looking bridges? , they HAVE TO make it look worse, because it was before the old Trek series!!! heeheh I personally would have liked to see a new series based either on a "Time-Ship" and they correct time-line abuse, or at Starfleet Academy...

I dunno, I don't like 'trek' as MUCH as I did, it's cool, but not like 'wearing the ears' cool..

Check out this story:
http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/200...990463930.html

And more here:
http://www.trekweb.com/

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 05-23-2001).]

Old 05-23-2001, 10:38 AM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

The coolest scene I remember was the finale of Next Generation where Rikard comes back from the future and rips huge holes in enemy ships. It's been a long time since I saw that one, but I still have images that flash through my mind when thinking of Star Trek. Maybe I taped it. Hmmm . . .

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-23-2001, 11:23 AM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

The original series was the best!!!!!

Give me Shanter over the Baldy bloke anyday!
And where would Star Trek be without Spocks pointy ears?

------------------

My hopes lie dashed,
Crushed from high above,
My dreams lie shattered, my heart broken,
A casulty on a battlefield called love.
Old 05-23-2001, 12:55 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Well, since ST:Voyager is coming to a close tonight, this Fall, a NEW Trek series will be coming on, called "Enterprise". (No 'Star trek' before the name either).

It's based in the 22nd century--yep, BEFORE the Kirk and Spock time.. YUK! I personally think this Idea sucks badly.. Who wants to watch a cardboard ship and 1960's looking bridges? , they HAVE TO make it look worse, because it was before the old Trek series!!! heeheh I personally would have liked to see a new series based either on a "Time-Ship" and they correct time-line abuse, or at Starfleet Academy...

I dunno, I don't like 'trek' as MUCH as I did, it's cool, but not like 'wearing the ears' cool..

Check out this story:
http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/200...990463930.html

And more here:
http://www.trekweb.com/

Hey Z! I thought they WERE planning an Academy show?!! What happened? GRRRRR
A prequel? ICK ...maybe the Star Wars stuff inspired it? Sheesh...we need Roddenberry back...sigh....

Cloludy, non-ear wearing Trekker from way back

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-23-2001, 01:06 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Jerome!

I do love the original. It broke so many barriers and was a very forward thinking show for it's day! And Kirk was a purrrrty cool Captain . But I have to say I grew to really appreciate TNG! The characters were developed nicely and the story lines were good (yes, they had klunkers like any other show! but most were excellent!).

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-25-2001, 02:17 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I prefer DS9, finally some action.
My favourite episodes are; the best of both worlds part2 (in wich captain Riker finishes the Borg) and sacrife of angels (in wich Sisko takes on a massive dominion fleet).

Old 05-25-2001, 05:53 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I liked the next gen best

To be honest for the first 2 series or so star trek is always crap, do you remember the starting few seasons of voyager somebody was captured every single episode.

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 06:11 PM   #8
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Personally I never cared for the original, but liked TNG, DS9 and Voyager. Imho, the whole lot got a little better once the iron control of Roddenbury was removed. Don't get me wrong - he broke boundaries in the 60's, but seemed a bit out of touch by the late 80's.

And by the way, my favourite episode is DS9 "Trials And Tribble-ations"

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 05-25-2001).]
Old 05-26-2001, 12:12 AM   #9
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

What was really too bad about the original Star Trek was they didnt have the special effects that the later shows had. Shatner (still my favourite captain) was the king of overacting...

BUT!!!..............You....................Dont understand!!!!

Chicken.................Is..................My Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I.................MUST.............Deep fry!!!

lol

At least he wasnt a wimp. He settled things with his fists, Phaser, or Photon Torpedoes. ENUF TALKING!!! Mr Sulu!!! Fire at will!!!!!!

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2001, 12:23 AM   #10
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Kirk: Spock..... you .... look...... troubled. Whats......wrong???

Spock: I was just thinking, Captain. Im the biggest fastest strongest most intelligent person on this ship. Why am I not in command????? It is ILLOGICAL.

Kirk:But......Spock.......you.... dont understand....you ....... must .....feel......go...... (deep breath) with a gut feeling when a dangerous situation arises and know that your actions could endanger the lives of your crew.... (Kirk carries on for 15 minutes leaving Spock with a riased eyebrow)

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!