Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-17-2001, 03:01 PM   #21
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Ah so you saw me Lord Shield!
I started registering on a lot of other forums lately, for three reasons
1. To find out if there are some more forums which I'll like apart from this one
2. To find out what all the fuss is about (seems like this board really is special because of its friendliness)
3. To reserve my name there so noone can misuse the name Melusine on another forum. Although I didn't use that name on TeamBG since I'm not sure what their webmaster thinks about Ironworks...he seems kind of easily inflammable...
Me and TeamBG are fine.. no problems now, settled that a while ago

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Old 05-17-2001, 03:53 PM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ziroc! I'm so glad to hear that! I was kind of worried if I would cause any problems when registering there, which would be the last thing I'd want.
Yorick: LMAO!!! I forgive you, just this once...
Here are some more good ones...
Q: What's the difference between a bull and a symphony orchestra?
A: The bull has the horns in front and the ass in the back.

Q: What's black and brown and looks good on a conductor?
A: A Doberman.

Q: What do all great conductors have in common?
A: They're all dead.

Q: What does new age music sound like played backwards?
A: New age music.

Q: What happens when you play "the blues" backwards?
A: Your wife comes back to you, your dog returns to life and you get out of prison.

Q: What do you get when you cross a music critic with a bowling ball?
A: A bowling ball that wouldn't know a good performance if it heard one.

I hope this one doesn't apply to me or Reeka
Q: How are sopranos defying the laws of astrophysics?
A: The center of the universe shifts with every step they take.

Lord Shield: I too saw your apology, and without wanting to further imflame the situation, I simply must say that I am baffled by that person's response to your apology. I'm glad the matter is solved for you, but I thought it very unfair. I didn't even understand why your thread was closed in the first place! Reeks of pure dictatorship to me... Anyway I do not wish to become mixed up in this but I have to say one more thing:
I am pretty shocked by the megalomania/paranoia of some of the people "out there" and I once again realised how grateful I am to have such great, modest Moderators on this board!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-17-2001, 05:23 PM   #23
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Not HERE it doesn't!! (serious)

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

He aint kidding. My ass still hurts from that spanking.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-17-2001, 05:35 PM   #24
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
He aint kidding. My ass still hurts from that spanking.

LMAO!!!! Well, that proves Ziroc exists. Glad you're with us anyhow (Ziroc AND Caleb that is).
Thanks, Mel. I'm not too worried about kiwi, because she had some stress outside the forum (her husband's dad died). Since my girlfriend's dad died last September I can relate to that. Some people are just more sensitive than others I guess.
I only registered on Vahalla when this Board was down (and we didn't know when it would be back up). I have to say I much prefer it here. I think I'm lucky this is the FIRST RPG forum I came across. Mnemoch is cool, and allowed me responsibility of the BG2 Bar threads (as long as I keep out innuendo, flame, spam and try to keep the bar on topic - all understandable. Any hassle, and I can summon his aid)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-17-2001, 05:59 PM   #25
BladeMaster

I signed up yesterday on the TeamBG - Infinity Engine Customization board.

------------------

Old 05-17-2001, 06:03 PM   #26
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

LOL...somebody got spanked.

The TeamBG forums are fragile land right now. Ken is on a rampage lately.
Old 05-17-2001, 06:05 PM   #27
BladeMaster

What happened Shadowstrider

------------------

Old 05-17-2001, 06:10 PM   #28
Shadowstrider
Manshoon

what happened? Hrm...LN's portrait site is gone, some jerks e-mailed a bunch of artists saying she was somehow profiting off their art. She got hatemail and tok her site down. Ken is angry since then.
Old 05-17-2001, 06:14 PM   #29
BladeMaster

Ok. I am also pissed off on what they did to Lady Nightshade. I e-mailed her just over a week ago with a message saying how great her site was but she never responded

------------------

Old 05-17-2001, 06:34 PM   #30
Epona
Zartan

It was a shame that Lady Nightshade closed her site. Unfortunately I have seen her use some rather colourful and very abusive language which does not really make me think I would like her if I met her. But nevertheless, her site was one of the best for portraits and is a loss.

I visit TeamBG occasionally, and sometimes post there. It seems to be calming down a bit now, which is a good thing (although I haven't visited today yet!). For a while every visit would yield yet new arguments and flames which I don't think were handled particularly well by the moderators who join in and exacerbate the situation, IMHO not the best way to go about keeping a board civil and flame-free. Stress is no excuse for abusive behaviour.

However, things do seem to be improving over there, and I am keen to promote friendship between their community and ours.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas