Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

F$@#$%!!!

Seems like its a good possibility....

Quote:
Uros over at ActionTrip says the delay has been confirmed and the BC date now is January 2007. Info comes from someone who disributes Vivendi titles in their particular region who has revieved a confirmation on this today from Vivendi. We are still to get our hands on a press release and it's not clear if this is EU only although it would seem unlikely.
And

Quote:
Site visitor LarzJG sends word that he has received information from a reliable source at Vivendi in Denmark that the Burning Crusade will be postponed until next year. Vivendi Denmark has apparently said "no comment, a press release is due for tomorrow". We have no official word direct from Blizzard EU on this just yet but it would mean more time for development by extending the Beta test through the holiday season which is when most people expected the game to be released. We are checking our sources also to see if we can find out more.

~Rushster

Hey all,

I've written the story that Burning Crusade will be postponed tomorrow until 2007:

http://digg.com/gaming_news/World_of...ushed_to_2007/

Like the story says, I've got pretty good sources that say it's about to go down tomorrow - in all likelihood it's not just a Danish delay but a European delay.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

For the love of-

I swear, it's been put back loads. The longer they keep it in the close-distance, the more people who will stay just for the expansion (because they have pre-ordered it or whatever...like me...and my dad...and half my guild...and most of my raidgroup)
Old 10-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Good, enough time for my rogue to reach lv60 and equip her with some decent equipment.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'm not looking as forward to the expansion as most...two new races don't interest me that much personally. The new level cap is nice but I dread seeing "the race" to 70. I am more interested in the tweaks and changes to the game itself, like the LFG and BG-matching system. I can't help but wish they added more new tradeskills other than jewelcrafting...there will be no mining nodes left on Azeroth : /
Old 10-24-2006, 05:51 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hmmm. Oh well. This will give me time to get my 57 Mage to 60, so I can do the big quests with everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kinda odd to delay it this close to its original release date.. Wonder what happened..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:43 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Blizzard have officially announced it on the Euro site...
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #7
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Probably a major bug. I think WoW took 4-5 years to create.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

No, not a major bug.

Current closed beta is level-capped at 67. They haven't even tested out the level 70 stuff yet in beta. When it releases in January, the level 70 raid dungons will still not be done.

You all should have seen this coming. Alpha occured a month ago, beta just started. Seems about right to me. My guild was predicting Dec. 12th at the earliest.

BTW, it's also official that patch 1.13 will drop prior to the holidays, complete with the revamped talent trees and 41 point talents.

So there will be plenty to keep you occupied. Me and my Felguard will be looking for more gnomes for my neverending appetite.

So, 'tis no biggie, all.

In the meantime, go learn to use what will be the best raiding addon come TBC. It's called RDX, it can be found on Overrated's website, and it is insane. It lets you do things like, oh, check who in a raid has a healthstone. Or major fire prot pots. Or x,y,z buffs. Crazy stuff.

[ 10-24-2006, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 10-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #9
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

You didn't mention the $25 a month per 60 people thing? *grins*
Old 10-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
You didn't mention the $25 a month per 60 people thing? *grins*
Well, it's free for now. But yes, it will come at a cost when it's completed. Our guild's subscribing for sure.